News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What's double of abysmal? Doubly abysmal?

Don't worry kids, I turned out alright (or maybe I didn't, I don't know....they said I had to wait three months to see a doctor...never did).

When's that wast of time Bell Let's Talk Day that has done absolutely nothing to improve society's valuing of mental health as an intrinsic part of health services? Isn't that like this week sometime?

Healthy mind = healthy body = healthy mind. I thought we were trying to get rid of overcrowding in hospitals..or nah?

Ontario will spend $1.6 billion more this fiscal year to stabilize increasing hydro rates for customers across the province.

Finance Minister Rod Phillips says the government will exceed the $4 billion it has previously budgeted to keep prices stable — bringing the total spend to $5.6 billion. He made the announcement Thursday as Premier Doug Ford's government provided a quarterly update on its finances.

The provincial government said last March it would continue to subsidize hydro rates and hold any increases to the rate of inflation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-hydro-rates-spending-1.5446353

This is now some third-world country bread and circuses shit with these hydro subsidies.

I don't need a hydro subsidy. I'm legit using the money saved to just buy more organic eggs.

Ontario will spend $1.6 billion more this fiscal year to stabilize increasing hydro rates for customers across the province.

Finance Minister Rod Phillips says the government will exceed the $4 billion it has previously budgeted to keep prices stable — bringing the total spend to $5.6 billion. He made the announcement Thursday as Premier Doug Ford's government provided a quarterly update on its finances.

The provincial government said last March it would continue to subsidize hydro rates and hold any increases to the rate of inflation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-hydro-rates-spending-1.5446353

People need cheaper hydro so they can afford a bigger beer fridge.

People need cheaper hydro so they can afford a bigger beer fridge.

You know........I don't think that's quite right.

I'm in a rental, and I pay hydro.

But supply my own a/c through portables.

I take no issue w/my routine hydro bill, except for the base charge of $30 I pay before any use of any kind whatever.

But..I digress.

My summer bill however, shoots from under $50 per month, to more than $300 to keep my place cool'ish. I don't mean frosty, I mean under 24C

To be clear, I don't agree w/these subsidies; but I do agree the base costs are excessive (nuclear debts); and I also agree other measures are needed for tenants who pay hydro, but don't control what windows, or insulation the property has, or whether there are trees on it.

I would prefer the subsidy be split to invest in reducing outstanding debt, promoting conservation, and maybe lowering the cost of conversion of older multi-res to central heat/air.

That said, I further object to the subsidy ballooning this year w/o credible explanation. I want to know what costs shot up, and what's being done about it; or if there was no vast increase in costs, where the hell the money went.

The PC's are setting goals very low for the two by-elections. Not surprising, since one of them is Ottawa-Vanier, which has been Liberal since the 30's on all levels.

Ford claimed this weekend that thousands of teachers are texting him with messages of support for his education cuts.

Ford cancelled his cell phone last year so what number/phone are these "teachers" messaging?

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...r-too-many-calls-from-special-interest-groups

Couldn't he get more imaginative than so and so called me to support my policies. It wasn't even cute the first time he used that excuse. Now it is just tired like his government.

AoD

I think this speaks for itself.

1580753117045.png

Ford claimed this weekend that thousands of teachers are texting him with messages of support for his education cuts.

Ford cancelled his cell phone last year so what number/phone are these "teachers" messaging?

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...r-too-many-calls-from-special-interest-groups

HA! and we all know Ford always speaks the truth, what got me more that he claimed that the greedy Unions Execs are money grabbing people and just want all the money for themselves and the they alone stand to profit from the higher salaries. Plain uneducated gobble gobble. Tired old rhetoric.

Back