News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Let's see... take a poll from a controlled group of people that mostly make up your followers, that works for a mind like yours...

upload_2018-2-22_19-52-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-22_19-52-57.png
    upload_2018-2-22_19-52-57.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 244
A curriculum approved by parents. Parents: the pinnacle of pedagogical understanding. Enough parents can't even teach their kids how to treat other people properly, let alone know what's the best way to teach them physics, algebra, geography, etc.

Is he suggesting plebiscites on curriculum changes? That would lead to nothing more than a situation where the idiots have taken over.
No, Mr Ford, I'm not with you. In your own words, nice try.

Let's see... take a poll from a controlled group of people that mostly make up your followers, that works for a mind like yours...

Purposefully or accidentally, he's shooting for undecided or don't care readers to change to "his side" through conformity bias.

"Evidence" of group preference, even when completely wrong, can be effective at swaying those who really haven't made a firm opinion yet.

Last edited:
Eh. Given how much Dougie boy lies, I'm expecting him to drop out right away, probably with some crap about "see, I love the people of Toronto so much that I decided I had to save you from your Tory mayor even though I would have won the provincial premiership!"

Eh. Given how much Dougie boy lies, I'm expecting him to drop out right away, probably with some crap about "see, I love the people of Toronto so much that I decided I had to save you from your Tory mayor even though I would have won the provincial premiership!"
Deadline to withdraw from the race is 5:00pm today. I don’t see why any of them would do that so early in the game.

If Ford goes down that road, he'll simply manufacture some bullshit "the-dog-ate-my-homework" level excuse for dropping out of the race, deadlines and rules be damned.

Friendly reminder that the two threads covering provincial politics were moved over to the non-Toronto forum. Don't forget to use them as well as this Ford-specific one:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/2018-ontario-pc-leadership-race.28266/
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/2018-ontario-pc-leadership-race.28266/
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/2018-ontario-provincial-election-discussion.26061/

I
've also posted a poll to the top of the PC leadership race thread, so don't forget to check it out!

Purposefully or accidentally, he's shooting for undecided or don't care readers to change to "his side" through conformity bias.

"Evidence" of group preference, even when completely wrong, can be effective at swaying those who really haven't made a firm opinion yet.

Your points are solid. I would like to expound on my statement.

First, Dougie, like all politicians, especially populists, only support the "voice of the people" from polls when they support what they want, and blame results on tampering when they do not support their agenda.

Case in point, form an opinion for yourself... I would like to see the actual results.
upload_2018-2-23_13-51-1.png

I'm sure some people will vote for Dougie because he has no chance of winning and these people refuse to vote for "The Man" (that's why we have the Rhino Party federally.); some of these people are just too cowardly to vote for a party who could win and then they would take responsibility for their actions. When Robbie failed as a mayor his followers refused to let Robbie take responsibility for his actions and blamed others. IMHO, this led to Robbie's apotheosis during his memorial parade, or rather Ford Nation campaign march laid the groundwork for the Fords and specifically Dougie's political career.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-23_13-51-1.png
    upload_2018-2-23_13-51-1.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 249
Bite your tongue.

First, Dougie, like all politicians, especially populists, only support the "voice of the people" from polls when they support what they want, and blame results on tampering when they do not support their agenda.

Well, quite. And Ford is more dishonest than most...which is pretty impressive when you think about it.

You know, I'm still not sure if I'd characterize Dofo as a 'politician' per se. The man is an inveterate self-promoter, far more so than any other phoney right wing populist I can think of, even his late dum-dum of a brother or (amazingly enough) Donald Trump. The least you can say for Slob is that he had some twisted daddy issues mucking up his psyche along with the desperate fame whoring that also marks his thuggish big bro, while Thugg-O has nothing animating him other than his grotesquely swollen and out-of-control ego.

Given how naked and transparent - and aggressive - Ford's self-aggrandizing is, I'm frankly astonished that the PC party big-wigs have allowed him to go as far as he has. I can understand the principle of using someone to get what you want, even someone as distasteful as Dofo, but he doesn't seem to have all that much to offer as far as I can see, and he's completely and utterly untrustworthy. He has absolutely no loyalty to anyone but himself, and as the last federal election proved, his "sway" in Etobicoke is nothing to brag about. Blob was the popular one. So what do the PC higher-ups think they're doing by granting this clown any kind of legitimacy? Of course, I could be overestimating their abilities and general competence. They've also given a mouth-frothing embarrassment like Allen a place at the table, and they've allowed Patrick Brown, of all people, to turn the entire race into a 3-ring circus. Heh, heh.

Good news - Doug seems to know he is not going to win. (He says 'I can't do this without you" and I am NOT breaking into my piggy bank to send his $1.)

"David,

Let's be real for a second.

It's time for the PC party to stop messing around.

I'm here to win.

I don't care who else is running.

I don't care what the media is saying.

I have a plan.

I'll balance the budget, kill the carbon tax, and kick out the elites.

That's all it takes.

Are you with me?

Click here to donate $1 to my campaign.

Seriously David, I can't do it without you.

-Doug"

I also just got my daily e-mail, and it appears he can't do it without me either!

Every single day I get a stream of monotonous, triple-spaced nonsense! Can you imagine what would happen if I actually ponied up a buck?!?

Back