News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Ontario poll (Forum): OPC 36% (-8), OLP 29% (+6), ONDP 26% (-1), Green 7% (+2)

Looks like voters have begun the traditional flee from OPC to OLP. Let's wait for other polls to confirm it though.

If this poll is accurate, I'd say the Liberals are in a pretty damn good position. As we near the election, a large portion of ONDP and Green voters (combined 33% support) will switch their vote to OLP to keep the OPC out. Basically the same pattern we've seen in past elections.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.37.55 PM.png

The Liberals are now far ahead in the 416. I wonder what this means for those "Ford Nation" ridings the PCs were hoping to flip.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.37.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.37.55 PM.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 279

Looks like voters have begun the traditional flee from OPC to OLP. Let's wait for other polls to confirm it though.

If this poll is accurate, I'd say the Liberals are in a pretty damn good position. As we near the election, a large portion of ONDP and Green voters (combined 33% support) will switch their vote to OLP to keep the OPC out. Basically the same pattern we've seen in past elections.

Though the ONDP hasn't lost that much ground, either (only a percentage point). Who knows, if this foretells further seepage, "strategic voting" might be (mostly) unnecessary.

Anyway, glad to see a "normal" poll for a change (i.e. one not skewed by Team Ciano/Kouvalis, or by Team Quito Maggi)

From that poll above:

Poll 2018 03 29.jpg

The Ontario Progressive Conservatives were on top, then Doug Ford entered the race, and then won. Going downhill because of Doug for the PC's.

Attachments

• Poll 2018 03 29.jpg
    Poll 2018 03 29.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 292
What? He's planning on cutting the BBC?! The bastard. That's it, I'm voting Liberal. They'd never do such a thing. In fact, if I had a kid or was old or poor they'd probably offer to buy me a new TV on which to enjoy the BBC.

BBC and 3$ GO train fares in Toronto, that's all it takes to buy my vote. Doug Ford can keep his 20s.

This is going to be interesting indeed. Is Ford really going to cause the PC vote to bomb?

I can only speak for myself but when the PCs were led by Patrick Brown and put out their People's Whatever (Guarantee, was it?) I was interested in giving them a chance to speak to me about policies. Mostly because they were on about implementing a real carbon pricing scheme (as opposed to the shell game that is cap-and-trade-and-shells).
As soon as Ford became involved any chance of having my attention even for a minute was exploded like a bad day in Bosnia (that's a bit dated, I know). It hasn't pushed me to the Liberals because my vote can't be bought with my own money (or with anyone else's, really), among other reasons, but it sure has precluded the slight chance of swaying me into blossoming into something real.

I'm just one dude who the PCs have completely shunned with their choice of leader.

Of course, with FPTP, who cares about the odd moderate such as me? Majorities are won with a minority of votes so you can spurn a majority of the populace and still win absolute power! What a fun game!

Last edited:

Back