News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/964615679126196224/Ywx9up3M_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Colin D'Mello CTVNews[/B]‏ @[B]ColinDMello[/B]
FollowFollow @ColinDMello
More
Colin D'Mello CTVNews Retweeted Colin Freeze
Follow this thread: We finally know what Premier Doug Ford wanted in his souped up OPP van.

A mini-fridge, wifi, a large-screen TV, a leather couch and yes - a swivel chair. Total cost to taxpayers for Dougie's pimped out van--$50,000.
And apparently his staffer was using her personal email to arrange this purchase, trying to keep it on the down low.

Amateur hour... presenting an individual's remarks made before the government changes to the autism program to praise the government's changes to the program...

In the legislature on Monday, Ms. MacLeod read supportive statements from families, including one from Windsor mom Sherri Taylor that read, in part, "Families are in crisis. Our government is heading in the right direction recognizing that early intervention is key."

After learning of this, Ms. Taylor said in a social media post that the statement read by the minister was “proof of her manipulation, and outright untruths to the public and makes a mockery of every parent who has a child with developmental disabilities, autism or otherwise.”

“How DARE you serve your political needs by manipulating my words and my intentions? How DARE you use my quote in Queen’s Park to make it look like I wrote to you AFTER the announcement in support of a plan that will harm our children? How many other quotes have you manipulated? How many other parents have you used? How can anyone trust that the stories you read in Queen’s Park have any shred of truth to them?” Ms. Taylor wrote in a Facebook post.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...pid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:
The best part - from Mike Crawley:

Mike Crawley Verified account @CBCQueensPark 15h15 hours ago
Curious tidbit here: Premier Doug Ford's exec assistant received & forwarded the cost estimate for customizing the van using his personal email address. Why would he do so if staff were not trying to keep the cost of the van "off the books"? #onpoli

AoD
Doug Ford's exec assistant is Nico Fidani -- who worked for Rob. On the night of the 2013 Garrison Ball, when the very drunk mayor showed up (with Lisi driving him) with his two young kids to a black-tie event, Fidani was tasked with babysitting the kids, while the mayor's chief of staff tried to prevent the drunk buffoon from entering the event.

It just never ends; this family & their shady crew is a curse on this city.

I'm kinda losing it. I thought that already happened.
Blair, who was also in the running for the commissioner's job, was acting OPP commissioner at the time he originally started his legal case, but soon after was removed from that position.

From the beginning, something struck me odd about this whole affair. It is unusual in the government, but certainly not unheard of, for a competitor for a position to be acting in it - optics of fairness, level playing, etc. From the (admittedly thin) information I have, another Deputy, who was not competing, was originally selected to be Acting Commissioner but the government appointed Blair. I see Machiavellian method to the government's move that, it would appear, hasn't worked out so far.

I would suspect Blair knew the implications of his action, possibly even the latest. He well knew he was in an 'at will' position.

Buried in this story is a Sgt. who has been 're-assigned' for committing the crime of reporting an exchange with Ford up his chain of command (the fact that it became public wasn't his fault). I don't get Ford's position on this either. His security detail is not part of his 'team'. Barring some unusual conflict, so long they are competently do their job they are doing what they are paid to do. They are not his minions.

Not only was there disgust amongst the rank and file at the OPP when Tavener was appointed over more qualified applicants, confusion, disgust also came from the rank and file from some regional police forces. There was a lot of rumbling noises and relief when Blair set the inquiry in motion. Blair's firing will not sit well and I am very confident it will set off a lot of discontent and even if Tavener eventually accepts the job (if it has been proven that no meddling took place) His rank and file are going to dislike him even more than Fantino.

Back