8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

"What do I do with my arms though?"

"What do I do with my arms though?"

View attachment 180767

And constantly saying: Folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks... folks...

Re: the Open for Business for commercial vehicles. Today I saw a semi with a Nova Scotia plate (not the conventional one, it was yellow and red), and it said Open for Business. I dunno, thought it a huge coincidence. And seemingly something the media hasn't picked up on. Googled it and it was short lived in NS, but wonder if the PCs are aware the lame slogan has been done already.

The use another cliche, for the OPC lame is a feature, not a bug.

The dental care thing is good, but I think they could go farther. Not everyone has great coverage through work to get major work done.

From Premier Doug's budget................more on the booze file, some previous announcements (tailgating) some new.

Early wins for the people

As the government continues to develop a plan for alcohol reform, it is listening to the people of Ontario and moving forward with a number of initiatives to improve consumer choice and enable opportunities for businesses in the near-term by:

• Creating a tailgating permit for eligible sporting events. Eligible events would include professional, semi-professional and postsecondary sporting events. This change will allow Ontario sports fans to participate in legal tailgating events similar to those permitted in many U.S. states.
  • Introducing legislation permitting municipalities to designate public areas, such as parks, for the consumption of alcohol. Ontario would be joining other provinces, including British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec, that provide a similar authority to municipalities.
  • Providing flexibility for wineries, cideries, breweries and distilleries to promote their products at manufacturing sites by removing the prescribed serving sizes for “by the glass” licences.
  • Extending hours of alcohol service at licensed establishments — including bars, restaurants and golf courses — to a 9:00 a.m. start, seven days per week. Hours of alcohol service will also start at 9:00 a.m. for “by the glass” licences, and Special Occasion Permits. The government will continue consulting further on measures related to the additional extension of hours.
  • Changing advertising rules to allow for “happy hour” in Ontario. This would allow licensed establishments to advertise their promotions as they do in British Columbia and Alberta.
  • Introducing legislation to pause the previous government’s changes to the Wine Tax, which was scheduled to increase on April 1. The proposed change would leave more money in the pockets of Ontario wine consumers.
These changes are expected to be in place by summer 2019.

In addition, the Province is evaluating ways to reduce the cost of beer at the Royal Canadian Legion halls by fall 2019.

Looks up......someone knows his audience............. :rolleyes:

Budget here:

Back