News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It can be tiring keeping the trained clapping seals in order.

You make the bed you lie in.

Ford says “I’m going to be there with the people celebrating but by no means do I believe any politician should be in any parade”

AoD

It can be tiring keeping the trained clapping seals in order.

Unfortunately, those "seals" could be eaten by the Premier's sharks.

seal+hunt+great+white+shark.jpg

From link.

It's almost like he's essentially been humiliated out of the celebration proceedings--I can't even see his brother (or other "hated" past provincial leaders) being so persona non grata...

It's almost like he's essentially been humiliated out of the celebration proceedings--I can't even see his brother (or other "hated" past provincial leaders) being so persona non grata...

Though Santy Claus and the Raptors are two different things--and also, it would seem like RoFo was requested to not attend "from within", whereas DoFo essentially opted to go into hiding due to perceived threats "from without".

And I still wouldn't be surprised if the Ford Fest is cancelled, likewise due to "perceived threats".

Though Santy Claus and the Raptors are two different things--and also, it would seem like RoFo was requested to not attend "from within", whereas DoFo essentially opted to go into hiding due to perceived threats "from without".
And I still wouldn't be surprised if the Ford Fest is cancelled, likewise due to "perceived threats".

Well, it is difficult to have seals in an uncontrolled setting.

AoD

@Richard Southern‏Verified account @richard680news
FollowFollow @richard680news
More
#BREAKING - Premier Ford won’t be marching in the Raptors parade. In an interview with me airing on @680NEWS & @CityNews Ford says “I’m going to be there with the people celebrating but by no means do I believe any politician should be in any parade” #onpoli
He is kind of unpopular in Toronto. I am sure people would be fine with John Tory though!
For once, Ford got it right, or someone pointed it out to him: Booing Ford is an even more popular sport for that crowd than basketball is. And it would have been watched live across the continent. That would have been golden...

More like one of his people told him not to go. He doesn't understand just how unpopular he is in Toronto.

I remember when the Cubs won the World Series and Governor Pat Quinn spoke at the celebration. He was rather unpopular and got booed on national television.

Last edited:
Well, it is difficult to have seals in an uncontrolled setting.

AoD
But that's the thing: DoFo requires trained seals as a crutch, and as a protective layer. RoFo didn't--he'd certainly have been a "disruptive" presence at Santy Claus, but only to the point of scattered parental booing. And in the end, it was his demons, not his policies & such, that led to the decision.

With DoFo, though, it's pitchfork and tar & feather time. And remember that a Raptor celebration is more comparable, in demos and uncontrolled-settingness and everything, to Taste Of The Danforth than to the Santa Claus Parade. And I don't know if DoFo is safe any longer in *any* such setting, other than Ford Fest--if even that, at this point. (Which is a likely reason why Ford Fests are increasingly located in the inaccessible periphery.)

But that's the thing: DoFo requires trained seals as a crutch, and as a protective layer. RoFo didn't--he'd certainly have been a "disruptive" presence at Santy Claus, but only to the point of scattered parental booing. And in the end, it was his demons, not his policies & such, that led to the decision.

With DoFo, though, it's pitchfork and tar & feather time. And remember that a Raptor celebration is more comparable, in demos and uncontrolled-settingness and everything, to Taste Of The Danforth than to the Santa Claus Parade. And I don't know if DoFo is safe any longer in *any* such setting, other than Ford Fest--if even that, at this point. (Which is a likely reason why Ford Fests are increasingly located in the inaccessible periphery.)

I think the fact that he got booed at Collision back in May also hit home the point. You enforce adoration precisely because you know you are not worthy of receiving it.

AoD

Back