News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Doug Ford is launching a full on assault on Ontario. He is going after our rights, our natute and greenspace, our heritage.

If he gets away with it, it will only be the beginning. Ford recently met with Hungary's president and managed to keep that mostly under the radar.

I used to resist the Trump Ford comparisons because I thought they weren't even remotely on the same level. I still think that's true to an extent, but I think Ford may actually be even more dangerous than Trump. His authoritarianism is much more low key, and he is much more competent than Trump or the multitude of other authoritarian leaders around the globe. He's also significantly more centrist so again his authoritarianism is less noticed.

Authoritarians and populists come in all shapes and sizes. We often think we are more insulated here in Canada, but we need to stand up to Ford and stand up now before he continues to consolidate power and gut our institutions.

Last edited:
I'm wondering now about the abandoned The Orangeville-Brampton Railway and how many of these developers have bought up the land around the corridor in hopes that the Ford Government will take over it. Can't help but wonder about all the other existing rail/trail corridors in the surrounding GTA that could potentially be reactivated if Ford's friends want to develop new green fields.
Some if not most of that railway runs through privately owned land. Farm land or green space. But then again, who knows what he has in store.

I think around the outskirts of Toronto, Greenbelt or not, there is a good chance that if you did a title search of a piece of land either lying fallow or under crop, it's owned either by a named or numbered company that is not connected to the user of the land.

I think around the outskirts of Toronto, Greenbelt or not, there is a good chance that if you did a title search of a piece of land either lying fallow or under crop, it's owned either by a named or numbered company that is not connected to the user of the land.
Yeah that's the funny thing about it, people seem to easily forget that all that farmland was sold by the farmers, to the developers, years ago.

This sack of crap has no backbone.

With just two days of striking he's now offering to rescind the NWC. You don't take out your gun unless you're going to use it.

With just two days of striking he's now offering to rescind the NWC. You don't take out your gun unless you're going to use it.
I support some of Dougs policies, but this shitshow he created was extremely unprofessional, as much as I dislike how unions got the province by the balls, he should have caved in and accepted the CUPEs offer.

It's not a legitimate offer lmao. He is literally doubling down and gaslighting cupe at the same time.

His offer is "here, I'll rescind the legislation that bars you from striking if you first stop striking"

What a ******* offer. He knows they won't go for it, how can you even trust Doug to make good on his word or even do the same thing again should they fail to negotiate. This is doubling down framed as an olive branch in hopes that people will be too dumb to see it.

I support some of Dougs policies, but this shitshow he created was extremely unprofessional, as much as I dislike how unions got the province by the balls, he should have caved in and accepted the CUPEs offer.
It's not even about CUPE's offer. It's about the right to collectively bargain. The deal that would have come out of negotiations would almost certainly been lower than CUPE's initial ask. But they never got to that point because Ford preemptively removed the right to negotiate.

My feeling on this is that if Doug Ford thinks that teachers are so essential, they should be deemed as such by legislation.

If he thinks they should not be permitted to strike because they are essential to the operation of this province then he should make them essential workers. The problem is that he will not because that would mean arbitration and higher wages.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. These strikes show that.

If Teachers were designated essential workers, I do not see CUPE raising a stink like they are now. This whole situation is Doug Ford's cheap ass solution to a problem that should never have existed.

My feeling on this is that if Doug Ford thinks that teachers are so essential, they should be deemed as such by legislation.

If he thinks they should not be permitted to strike because they are essential to the operation of this province then he should make them essential workers. The problem is that he will not because that would mean arbitration and higher wages.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. These strikes show that.

If Teachers were designated essential workers, I do not see CUPE raising a stink like they are now. This whole situation is Doug Ford's cheap ass solution to a problem that should never have existed.
It's support workers that are striking, not teachers.

It's not even about CUPE's offer. It's about the right to collectively bargain.
Exactly. Every union in this province is now at risk. That's why a General Strike is on for Monday. It's one thing to push around older and underpaid women trying to make ends meet, and yet another when the Teamsters and construction unions show up. Ford has kicked the beehive, you can't put it back together now.

Looks like Doug has caved on Bill 28 and the NWC. So what was the point of bringing it up? You've just provoked every union in the province and country.

I'm watching the CUPE news conference on TV right now. Never before can I recall having so many private and public sector unions lined up, standing side by side behind the podium. Doug, was this what you wanted?

Back