News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

True, but she really was useless - and that was in a Cabinet of less than stellar performers.
Yes, I was particularly underwhelmed. She was the minister in charge of LTC during the height of Covid and was largely missing in action; although 'the centre' (Premier's Office) could have dictated that. She could well have a valid personal reason - or decided that being a trained seal wasn't worth the money and time.

I totally agree. I have no love for her. I’m just not ready to call her departure a failure, nor will I condemn her for not providing a reason if it does turn out to be something deeply personal (marriage breakdown, problem with a child) or medical (something requiring immediate treatment). In those types of situation, I don’t feel we need to be privy to details. However, speculation will undoubtedly run rampant.

Premier Doug Ford Makes Changes to Cabinet

New appointments maintain stability to deliver on government’s plan to build Ontario

From link.

Today, Premier Doug Ford named Michael Parsa as Minister of Children, Community and Social Services and Nina Tangri as Associate Minister of Housing.

“I’m thrilled to recognize Michael’s many contributions to our government and welcome Nina back to Cabinet,” said Premier Ford. “Michael will work day and night to support our children and build strong and vibrant communities. Nina has a proven track-record of working with industry stakeholders to advance important initiatives and I have no doubt she’ll do the same with housing. I look forward to continuing to rely on their advice and leadership as we deliver on our plan to build Ontario.”

Earlier today, Merrilee Fullerton informed Premier Ford that she has resigned as Minister of Children, Community and Social Services and Member of Provincial Parliament for Kanata—Carleton, effective immediately.

“Merrilee has been a key member of our team since day one, advancing our government’s agenda to build Ontario and helping to lead our response to the COVID-19 pandemic by serving in important roles in Cabinet,” said Premier Ford. “I wish my friend the very best as she retires from the world of politics. I have no doubt she’ll continue to give back and contribute to the great communities of Kanata and Carleton in so many ways.”

Who didn't see this coming?

Ford government cutting back OHIP-covered eye services for some seniors

From link.

OHIP-covered eye services for many people aged 65 and up will be reduced as a result of a new deal between Premier Doug Ford’s government and the Ontario Association of Optometrists.​

Hmm, I 'm glad I just had a complete exam as a result of an eye issue. I'm curious that, if this was an evidence-based decision that is supported by the profession, why wasn't it done sooner?

The Ford gov't confirmed a minimum wage increase effective October 1st of this year.

While insufficient, its actually a decent sized increase, probably as good as could have been expected:

The increase is to $16.55 per hour, an increase of $1.05 per hour or 6.8%

That is why i think the Liberals should have said it will be $20 maybe it would force Fords hand.
Not $20/hr, but $16.55 in October 2023. Except for Wynne’s last year in office, I wonder if the OPCs have increased the minimum wage more frequently than the last government.

April Fool!​

1680355431838.png

And to all who believed in what he said (or not said).

Back