News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

I think rather than enabling people to drive through Toronto quickly underground and leave thousands of local car trips above ground, they should enable local trips to be made with transit and leave the through traffic above ground. Any major infrastructure project like this should be focused on reducing car trips, not increasing them (which actually is the Liberals' official position, or at least it was a year ago, to the extent that Ontario would be looking for federal contribution).

I have an idea for Doug if he wants to do an east west tunnel. How about a tunnel under Sheppard from McCowan to the airport? Part of it is already there!

I have an idea for Doug if he wants to do an east west tunnel. How about a tunnel under Sheppard from McCowan to the airport? Part of it is already there!
That part was back filled by Harris. Ford and tunneling 😵‍💫 like the Scarborough subway that never got build, like the Eglinton crosstown? I don’t have high hopes.

• Haha
Reactions: DSC
I was floored to see booze in a gas station for the first time today (a Pioneer in Etobicoke). Two full fridges stocked with beer, wine and RTD coolers, plus another ambient shelf with wine, and a few pallets of cases of beer in the aisle. I really didn’t think we’d see this so soon!

I was floored to see booze in a gas station for the first time today (a Pioneer in Etobicoke). Two full fridges stocked with beer, wine and RTD coolers, plus another ambient shelf with wine, and a few pallets of cases of beer in the aisle. I really didn’t think we’d see this so soon!

Been that way since September 5th.

Get with the times Towered!

Supermarket sales expand on Halloween, October 31st. That expansion will be a smaller change, relatively speaking........but I think in Toronto, we're looking at about 20-25 additional grocers picking up booze on that day.

I notice that in all the retailers that sell alcohol, including in convenience stores, the only health warning are about fetal alcohol syndrome, despite the fact that excessive alcohol consumption can also cause major health problems to everyone else, not just fetuses.

For example, I have the alcohol flush reaction, which is most common among East Asian people such as myself, which is why I am teetotal. Even as many as one third of all East Asian people have this reaction.

It would be great if other health warnings are included.

I notice that in all the retailers that sell alcohol, including in convenience stores, the only health warning are about fetal alcohol syndrome, despite the fact that excessive alcohol consumption can also cause major health problems to everyone else, not just fetuses.

For example, I have the alcohol flush reaction, which is most common among East Asian people such as myself, which is why I am teetotal. Even as many as one third of all East Asian people have this reaction.

I don't know.........

A wide variety of foods can cause assorted problems of varying seriousness.

I'm not sure I want to see warning labels for allergies, and tangential risk for cancer on 50% of everything we eat...... ........

I appreciate that there are real risks to any number of substances......particularly when consumed immoderately.........

That information should certainly be available to people........but placing it on the packaging of every product would be akin to those U.S. drug commercials where 50% of the ad space must be devoted to potential side effects.

It skews the idea of proportionality.

I'm open on the subject and not indifferent to anyone's challenges.......but universal warnings for every risk on every product .........seems a bit much to me.

Not wanting to diminish anyone's physiological reaction, but the fetal alcohol syndrome warnings were a response to the huge social implications associated with a permanent and life-long physiological condition. While the warning has general application, it is targeted at a particular segment of the population that is prone to risk taking or, at least, not medically sophisticated. The recipient of the syndrome has no say in the matter.

There are all sorts of implications from drinking, eating, smoking, etc. that adults should, for the most part, be responsible for dealing with. I don't need a warning label to warn me that I'm not as smart, funny or attractive as I think I am when drinking.

That information should certainly be available to people........but placing it on the packaging of every product would be akin to those U.S. drug commercials where 50% of the ad space must be devoted to potential side effects.
I find those drug commercials comical, here's this drug that can help you with your condition, but it can kill you. 🤣

A brief side note:
My red headed, Russian-English father also gets alcohol flush. It apparently can run in some families from the Caucasus regions (likely due to Silk Road trader *ahem* interactions). I don’t get flushed, but Epicanthic folds also run in my family.

Back