News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

To be fair, there were a couple of electro tunes on "Never Outgunned."

The original two albums were jungle, "Fat of the Land" was electronica (a term everyone hated and still hates) and the new album is mostly new school breaks. But Liam doesn't care for genre classification.

How was the concert? Anyone go?

Last edited:

The original two albums were jungle, "Fat of the Land" was electronica (a term everyone hated and still hates) and the new album is mostly new school breaks. But Liam doesn't care for genre classification.

it's happening this wednesday, the 25th.

What? Fat of the Land was Big Beat for the most part. Oh, shit, I'm outta here! :D

(supadupa slice n dice sub-genrefication)

Man, only four more sleeps!! (or three seeing as it's Saturday) and tonight the footy season starts for TFC and I'm as happy as a pig in filth!

Unfortunately, both those terms are still bandied about without a care.

Most people that use the word 'techno' to describe whatever electronic music they're hearing don't even know what actual techno sounds like.

Well, it's the people in search of the next rock'n'roll who were using such terms indiscriminately. All the more so if they were already alive when "Rock Around The Clock" first came out...

Ugh, electronica. I hate that term too; it's a term used by people who lack the ability to differentiate between different styles of electronic music. That and the use of techno as a blanket term for anything using mostly synths really grinds my gears.

Well, yeah....electronic music is a very valid term used to encompass all of house, jungle, hardcore, downtempo, techno, trance, and breakbeat but it is not a valid term for any single genre.

More to the point: the concert was off the chain/hook/wall/my face!!!

I had been waiting for that since I was 10 back in the mid nineties and I finally got to see my life's love live. :)

PS:egotrippin said it best.

Wikkid, thanks guys. :)

That last one by visualbass is amazingly lovely.

Man, I love those cats.

How so?

Though, I suppose my krunk ass didn't help. :)

i found people really pushy and rude.

the show was oversold, i've never been to a show at the kool haus that was that packed and no one cared if the banged into you, stepped on toes or knocked drinks.

Back