News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The ones who do ply their trade the old fashioned way are a plucky bunch, though. The two chirpy working class crones of indeterminate age I came across at 7 a.m. last Sunday on Queen Street as I headed south to the antique market were of good cheer despite the stench of rotting garbage wafting across the street from Moss Park. Their endearingly good humour in the face of such adversity rather enhanced the pleasure of our hurried intercourse.

selmapatty.gif

I believe I saw one prositute going car to car in broad daylight behind eaton center, near queen and bay, on a busy day. And some guy walking alittle further away pointing which car she should goto next. As shoppers were all around walking past.

Less than 1% of the prostitution in Toronto takes place in the streets (ie the topic of most of the posts here in this thread). Most of it happens in MPs (Massage Parlours-legal), as incalls (technically illegal), and as outcalls to the clients house (legal).

Toronto is generally acknowledged as having the 2nd best (cost, availability, safety, etc) "adult entertainment" industry in North America (Montreal is 1st).

I love that site. It's a hoot to read.

I admit I enjoy reading that site as well. I think its just an interesting sub-culture. The guys consider themselves "hobbyists" and have all their own acronyms and rating scales and stuff.

Safety with prostitution near Jervis and Gerard?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the situation with the prostitution around Jervis and Gerard. I was thinking of moving into an apartment near here as it is close to downtown, but I remember from a few years back that the streets east of Yonge St had lots of hookers. Is this still the case and if so are the streets safe for a middle aged woman to walk around?:confused:

Majority of people that I have spoken to on the subject are in favor of legalizing prostitution, which makes me wonder who is against it and why has it not been done yet. So many problems could be solved...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the situation with the prostitution around Jervis and Gerard. I was thinking of moving into an apartment near here as it is close to downtown, but I remember from a few years back that the streets east of Yonge St had lots of hookers. Is this still the case and if so are the streets safe for a middle aged woman to walk around?:confused:

There are women who work the corners around Allan Gardens (bounded by Jarvis, Carlton, Sherbourne and Gerrard), though not every night. Sometimes they migrate over to Church Street. They are harmless and their clients don't pose a threat to you either. Any real danger will come from being mugged by someone looking for drug money. This type of crime or a general assault is most likely to occur south of Gerrard and East of Jarvis. That is a high crime area for Toronto and is one of the last completely ungentrified pockets of downtown (though some goof opened up a gourmet poutine shop near there, so who knows?). Even here though, I have never felt unsafe and have traveled it many times. I am a young male and so can't be sure how you would feel at night.

North of Gerrard is a safer area. West of Jarvis is fine. All the major streets in the area are heavily traveled until at least midnight.

Last edited:
Well, anyone who sticks those Smoke's stickers over such things as TTC time clocks counts as a "goof" in my books
Smoke_s_Poutinerie-20090222-131039.jpg

Back