News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

At the outset, more so if you shop there once in a while, everyday seems a relatively normal day at the Ontario Food Terminal. But in the eyes of the grocers (big or small, starting or established), everyday is a risk. Although the news about the review of the Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs seems positive to me, I am just hoping that the minister and MPP will adhere to their promise of letting the terminal stay at its current location.
The Food Terminal is bringing a lot of jobs and business to that area. I agree with you that it would be a big mistake to move it somewhere else.

However, I do think that there can be an out of the box win-win solution here.

This site can be redeveloped to include the (new) Food Terminal, maybe even increase it's capacity and the site will have access to a future GO station and possibly other future transit options. Also, it could add mix use towers where additional density makes sense.

Doing it in phases would not disrupt the operation of the OFT. If the plaza next to it gets redeveloped at the same time, it would be even easier to ensure smooth transition to the new OFT.

I don't know. I think people are needlessly fetishizing the OFT. It's not really that special. It is a bit of industrial infrastructure. It can be relocated and play the same role. The neighbourhood will survive. I don't think this is the highest or best use of the site, next to a future GO station.

Why are we rehashing this? The government looked into redevelopment, UTers commented, many people said they wanted it to stay where it is. The government said "OK". It has not moved and is probably safe, at least from THIS government.

Why are we rehashing this? The government looked into redevelopment, UTers commented, many people said they wanted it to stay where it is. The government said "OK". It has not moved and is probably safe, at least from THIS government.
If rehashing is not allowed we had better shut down the forum! 🤣

Back