1683975826576.jpeg
1683975838896.jpeg
1683975854536.jpeg

1683975872954.jpeg
1683975887171.jpeg
1683975901356.jpeg

May 17
1684844052935.jpeg

The newly paved section in the shot below has since opened to traffic.
1684844080452.jpeg

1684844156209.jpeg

1684844190728.jpeg

thanks for that. Makes me wonder when traffic will shift to the new bridge, doesn't look like long now.
The earliest would be late July to Early Sept, but more like in Aug depending on Mississauga Rd bridge area.

I see they are putting in a parking lot on the east side and a path way to the river. I expect they allowing an area for boaters to lunch there canoe and kayak boats there.

Drove past the bridge this morning for the first time in quite some time. From my low vantage point it appears that the new span is ready and being readied for use - or about 50% of it. All construction on the east side bridge approaches has completed apparently, there were no crews in evidence. There was no activity on the bridge itself. Temporary crash barriers and temporary orange road markings appear to be in place. They appear ready to take the next step in diverting westbound traffic onto the new bridge and them move into the first phase of the rehabilitation of the older bridge.

The west side of the bridge, centered around Mississauga Road, both in the diversion areas between the east and west bound traffic, and the areas south of the east bound traffic were a hive of activity. Paving, other concrete work, sorting and removing fill etc.

To the east side of the bridge, in the center diversion area, where I believe they are rehabilitating or replacing a large drainage culvert, that work also appears to be in its final stages. This may line up then with a major revamp pf the traffic flows both east and west bound through this area soon.

Drum may have better information then this.

Drove past the bridge this morning for the first time in quite some time. From my low vantage point it appears that the new span is ready and being readied for use - or about 50% of it. All construction on the east side bridge approaches has completed apparently, there were no crews in evidence. There was no activity on the bridge itself. Temporary crash barriers and temporary orange road markings appear to be in place. They appear ready to take the next step in diverting westbound traffic onto the new bridge and them move into the first phase of the rehabilitation of the older bridge.

The west side of the bridge, centered around Mississauga Road, both in the diversion areas between the east and west bound traffic, and the areas south of the east bound traffic were a hive of activity. Paving, other concrete work, sorting and removing fill etc.

To the east side of the bridge, in the center diversion area, where I believe they are rehabilitating or replacing a large drainage culvert, that work also appears to be in its final stages. This may line up then with a major revamp pf the traffic flows both east and west bound through this area soon.

my understanding is that both directions will be shifted to the new bridge for a year or two while they complete the rehabilitation of the existing bridge.

The two directions will likely be moved over in 2 stages though - first westbound, then eastbound a few weeks / months later.

I shot this yesterday. New bridge fully complete. Once the mississauga rd bridge is complete (paving was underway) they can move the eastbound lanes to the new bridge. It looked like it could be ready within days.

Further to my post earlier today, here are some photos from July 23rd. This new bridge is marked to carry six lanes of traffic - 3 in each direction.

I don't see a parking lot on the east side that @drum118 referenced in his June 24th post. It appears to be storm water retention pond. Supports for the pedestrian bridge on the north side, east of the river, seem to be forming.

They've kept the street light design and these have been installed on the new bridge.
1690247297875.jpeg

1690247313763.jpeg

1690247327559.jpeg

1690247342552.jpeg

No info since I rarely drive the QEW.

What I can see from @tims photos, the westbound is ready to open after some paving at Mississauga Rd with the eastbound opening a week later. I expect, MTO will want all lanes open at the same time.

No info since I rarely drive the QEW.

What I can see from @tims photos, the westbound is ready to open after some paving at Mississauga Rd with the eastbound opening a week later. I expect, MTO will want all lanes open at the same time.
I can confirm, after a return trip, that the new bridge is set up for both eastbound and westbound traffic, with a crash barrier to separate the traffic flows, with temporary lines painted, including what will be a merge lane from Mississauga Road going eastbound. The activity on the west side approaches was easily the busiest I have seen with multiple crews at work paving etc. The timeline must be fairly quick to change the traffic flows.

I can confirm, after a return trip, that the new bridge is set up for both eastbound and westbound traffic, with a crash barrier to separate the traffic flows, with temporary lines painted, including what will be a merge lane from Mississauga Road going eastbound. The activity on the west side approaches was easily the busiest I have seen with multiple crews at work paving etc. The timeline must be fairly quick to change the traffic flows.
Could happen this weekend with a lot of 'what' taking place Monday Morning for the new route.
Further to my post earlier today, here are some photos from July 23rd. This new bridge is marked to carry six lanes of traffic - 3 in each direction.

I don't see a parking lot on the east side that @drum118 referenced in his June 24th post. It appears to be storm water retention pond. Supports for the pedestrian bridge on the north side, east of the river, seem to be forming.

They've kept the street light design and these have been installed on the new bridge.
View attachment 494728
View attachment 494729
View attachment 494730

View attachment 494731
This the photo I was referring to that you shot and most likely wrong now.
1689249179252-jpeg.491984

It looks like the westbound lanes may shift this weekend. I saw a bunch of people inspecting the bridge today when I was travelling westbound around 11:45am. Tonight, I noticed an absolutely butchered article on insauga.com (I recognized the unattributed still from my May 24th 2022 YouTube video) which made me lookup some of the closures on the project website.

I haven't been following this closely.

What's the final layout - 6 lanes in both directions?!? That's going to create a massive bottleneck onto the Gardiner - and I'd think the 427 as well, which seems to be one of the few functioning Toronto expressways in rush hour.

Back