News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I haven't been following this closely.

What's the final layout - 6 lanes in both directions?!? That's going to create a massive bottleneck onto the Gardiner - and I'd think the 427 as well, which seems to be one of the few functioning Toronto expressways in rush hour.
I believe the final layout is 4 in each direction with proper shoulders on the bridge.

2. Two Lane Closures

QEW WB&EB Between Hurontario Street and Erin Mills Parkway​

• QEW Westbound from Hurontario Street to Erin Mills Parkway
  • QEW Eastbound from Erin Mills Parkway to Credit River Bridge

Date:

Friday July 14 to Tuesday August 01, 2023

Time:

10:00PM to 8:00AM

Purpose:

Ongoing QEW Credit River Improvement Project

Description:

QEW Westbound
Two lane closure of QEW Westbound from Hurontario Street to Erin Mills Parkway
  • SUNDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 6:00AM
    • Lane 2: 11:00PM to 5:00AM
  • MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 6:00AM
  • FRIDAY
    • Lane 1: Midnight to 6:00AM
    • Lane 2: Midnight to 5:00AM
  • SATURDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 7:00AM
    • Lane 2: Midnight to 6:00AM

QEW Eastbound

Two closure of QEW Eastbound from Erin Mills Parkway to the Credit River Bridge
  • SUNDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 5:00AM
  • MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY
    • Lane 1: 10:00PM to 5:00AM
  • FRIDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 7:00AM
    • Lane 2: Midnight to 6:00AM
  • SATURDAY
    • Lane 1: 11:00PM to 8:00AM
    • Lane 2: Midnight to 7:00AM

Impact:

• Traffic Disruptions are anticipated.
  • Overnight Construction activities.
  • All closures are weather dependent.
  • Closure dates are subject to change and may not take place on all the dates listed above.
TDN_149-00_Maps_ENG-768x432.png

3. Nightly Lane and Ramp Closures

QEW Westbound from Hurontario Street to Erin Mills Parkway, Hurontario Street On-ramps and Mississauga Road Off-ramp

--UPDATE--​

• QEW Westbound from Hurontario Street to Erin Mills Parkway
  • QEW Westbound On-ramps at Hurontario Street
  • QEW Westbound Off-ramp to Hurontario Street
  • QEW Westbound Off-ramp to Mississauga Road

Date:

Thursday July 27 to Friday July 28, 2023

Time:

9:00PM to 6:00AM, nights

Purpose:

Description:

QEW Westbound ClosuresTwo lane closures on QEW Westbound from Hurontario Street to Erin Mills Parkway
  • Lane 1: 9:00PM to 6:00AM
  • Lane 2: 10:00PM to 6:00AM
QEW Westbound On-ramps at Hurontario Street Full closure of the On-ramps
  • 9:00PM to 4:00AM
QEW Westbound Off-ramp to Hurontario StreetFull closure of the Off-ramp
  • 9:00PM to 4:00AM
QEW Westbound Off-ramp to Mississauga RoadFull closure of the Off-ramp
  • 10:00PM to 4:00AM

Impact:

• Closure dates are subject to change and may not take place on all the dates listed above.
TDN_153-01_Maps_ENG-768x432.png

4. Ramp Closure - Long Term

QEW Eastbound, Mississauga Road On-ramp​

On-ramp to QEW Eastbound from Mississauga Road

Date:

Monday July 31, 2023, to Saturday September 16, 2024

Time:

Continuous starting Monday July 31, 2023 at 5:00AM to Saturday September 16, 2024 5:00AM

Purpose:

Description:

Full closure QEW Eastbound On-ramp at Mississauga Road

Detour:

Access to QEW Eastbound will be available via South Sheridan Way Eastbound On-ramp.

Impact:

TDN_155-02_Maps_ENG-768x432.png

5. Ramp Closure - Short Term

QEW Eastbound, Mississauga Road On-ramp​

On-ramp to QEW Eastbound from Mississauga Road

Date:

Friday July 28 to Monday July 31, 2023

Time:

Continuous starting Friday July 28 at 10:00PM to Monday July 31, 5:00AM

Purpose:

Description:

Full closure QEW Eastbound On-ramp at Mississauga Road

Detour:

QEW Eastbound will be detoured via South Sheridan Way Westbound, Erin Mills Northbound to QEW Eastbound On-ramp at Erin Mills interchange.

Impact:

What's the final layout - 6 lanes in both directions?!? That's going to create a massive bottleneck onto the Gardiner - and I'd think the 427 as well, which seems to be one of the few functioning Toronto expressways in rush hour.
It’s designed to add an HOV lane in each direction ultimately between the 427 and 403.

The bridge itself will also have modern shoulders, a new auxiliary lane where the Mississauga Rd on-ramp extends to become the Hurontario off ramp (from what I remember), as well as extended on / off ramps on the westbound side.

In terms of through lanes, only the HOV is planned, but that isn’t happening yet. The centre most lane will have temporary jersey barriers blocking it off on the bridge until the HOVs get funding.

I drove westbound on the new bridge today on the way home from work. Eastbound lanes have also shifted to the new span. I hope to take some photos tomorrow.

July 30th
New exit ramp QEW EB to South Service rd
1690978790397.jpeg

1690978821848.jpeg

New on ramp and signalized intersection from South Service rd to QEW EB
1690978961154.jpeg

Mississauga Rd North to QEW East ramp closed for the next two years or so.
1690978998161.jpeg

1690979080370.jpeg

1690979117707.jpeg

1690979237983.jpeg

The Mississauga road to QEW WB ramp was supposed to open today after being closed since July of 2021.
1690979281558.jpeg

So I drove the new eastbound ramp last night for the first time. The camber of the ramp is the wrong way and there will be cars sliding into those jersey barriers on the outside of the curve once the cold wet weather arrives.

Think 1 HOV + 3 General lanes in each direction, plus standard width shoulders and speed change lanes as required. Eventually the HOV will extend from Burlington to Hwy 427.

1694454399931.png

So the original eastbound QEW bridge over Mississauga road came down the weekend of August 26th and 27th and for the third straight time southbound Mississauga road drivers got screwed over. There is a tremendous amount of traffic using Mississauga road southbound from north of Dundas that got caught with no signage of the closure whatsoever until the actual closure at North Sheridan Way! Nothing on the traffic reports, either. This project has been an absolute communications cluster and a master class in what not to do! And by the way, the south Mississauga road ramp to QEW westbound is still not open and months behind.

Photos from September 3rd
1694979858652.jpeg

1694979910229.jpeg

1694979923996.jpeg

1694979938483.jpeg

I was driving into the city on the QEW today (mistake number 1 of the day - sustained speed was possibly 1/2 of the posted limit, and this was post 10 ish) . However I did note that they are beginning to pave the new eastbound exit from the QEW to Mississauga Road. There are also some enormous cutting blades parked on the older bridge and it appears that they have cut out sections of the decking. Work still continues on the last segment of the Mississauga Road bridge, and crews were scattered all over the larger site area. Hard to get a good view over the barriers from the car, need the truck for sightseeing purposes, or possibly, we offer child care services (I am assuming this - hopefully I am almost correct) to our resident flying ace as his services seem to be in demand all over the GTA.

I have logged exactly zero minutes of flight time for the month of October. It's just been a combination of bad luck, bad weather/winds and some work stuff going on. Last October was great for flying with little rain and calm winds. This one, not so much. On my way to work on Sunday morning I did see the concrete saws and could fleetingly see some of the decking had been removed.

Do I even look at the forecast for this weekend?🤔

Driving on Mississauga Road under the new bridges feels quite cavernous right now. The clearance above is very high...I can't think of anything else like it right now in the GTA.

I have logged exactly zero minutes of flight time for the month of October. It's just been a combination of bad luck, bad weather/winds and some work stuff going on. Last October was great for flying with little rain and calm winds. This one, not so much. On my way to work on Sunday morning I did see the concrete saws and could fleetingly see some of the decking had been removed.

Do I even look at the forecast for this weekend?🤔
Saturday looks ok! But family comes first.

On another note, heading westbound on the QEW, extensive hydro seeding has finished around the area of the westbound exit from the QEW, and the now paved but unopened, west bound entrance to the QEW from Mississauga Road. Paving is also going on in the westbound future lanes, currently behind barriers, west of the Mississauga bridge. I would assume this all foretells some further west bound lane realignment in the area once the last section of the Mississauga Road bridge replacement completes.

Back