News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Funny if Quebec city was in France, it would be the least diverse city over 500,000 inhabitants.
I am always wonder how a quite large city in Canada could attract so few immigrants.

Anyway I heard that if the center of Quebec look like a small old town in Brittany like Saint Malo, the rest of the city is very north american with a lot of sprawl, malls... (speaking of that it is also true for any french city).
In France we don't see Quebec as a part of France but as a french speaking America.

Funny if Quebec city was in France, it would be the least diverse city over 500,000 inhabitants.
I am always wonder how a quite large city in Canada could attract so few immigrants.

Anyway I heard that if the center of Quebec look like a small old town in Brittany like Saint Malo, the rest of the city is very north american with a lot of sprawl, malls... (speaking of that it is also true for any french city).
In France we don't see Quebec as a part of France but as a french speaking America.

MK: Good thought and reply-from someone who obviously knows the differences between France and "French-speaking America".

Everyone: Is Quebec City the least diverse City in Quebec or perhaps Canada as a whole? LI MIKE

It does seem to be the tourist sector of a 'Ye Olde' Quebec that plays up the 'France in North America' aspect of the city, even if the overall city aesthetic also seems to riff on this consistently with its faux medieval and 'Belle Epoque' stylings.

As for small old towns in Brittany, Quebec City isn't really a small town. Perhaps it would be more on par with somewhere like Nantes?

When I said small town feels, it was only for old Quebec, not for the whole city of Quebec.

Architecturally old Quebec is very different of central Nantes.
It is true that Nantes is about the same size than Quebec city but central Nantes looks more big city.

2239029960_fe7dd5b1db_o.jpg

Picture by steph35, Skyscrapercity
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=578154

Awesome, after seen these photos, now i have keen interest to go quebec. I was some perceptions about this city like it is a back word city, i mean there are cultivated and vast agricultural lands. And temperature is very low there. But i am seeing in photos temperature is normal.
please give me your opinion

Last edited:

Back