News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I walked through the park yesterday afternoon, and I feel they've done a (mostly) good job. I would like to see more trash bins, however, preferably nicer than the ones currently in place. Something like what you see in New York.

NYC-trash-Cans7-600x468.jpg

Also, agreed on the idea of adding more lamps to add symmetry. Hopefully over time we will see more and more improvements to the park. With this and Berczy Park, it makes me look forward to seeing what this city can achieve with the proposed rail deck park.

I walked through the park yesterday afternoon, and I feel they've done a (mostly) good job. I would like to see more trash bins, however, preferably nicer than the ones currently in place. Something like what you see in New York.

Also, agreed on the idea of adding more lamps to add symmetry. Hopefully over time we will see more and more improvements to the park. With this and Berczy Park, it makes me look forward to seeing what this city can achieve with the proposed rail deck park.

I don't know why these trash bins are still in place. Don't they realize how ridiculous it looks.

I don't know why these trash bins are still in place. Don't they realize how ridiculous it looks.
We have had this discussion on UT for years and most of us would agree with you but the City answer would be that the 'wheelie bins' they use in parks are suitable for staff to manipulate without danger of injury and can be emptied into the trucks mechanically. Of course, other cities seem to manage to have aesthetic and efficient waste bins without seeing huge spikes in on-the-job injuries but ....

We have had this discussion on UT for years and most of us would agree with you but the City answer would be that the 'wheelie bins' they use in parks are suitable for staff to manipulate without danger of injury and can be emptied into the trucks mechanically. Of course, other cities seem to manage to have aesthetic and efficient waste bins without seeing huge spikes in on-the-job injuries but ....

You can keep the ugly wheely bins, just put them inside attractive casing with openings. (that's the essence of how the sidewalk garbage bins are done, except, of course, the casing is cheap, and poorly maintained) but the principle stands.

The City (among others) never ceases to make things look far more difficult than they need to be.

You can keep the ugly wheely bins, just put them inside attractive casing with openings. (that's the essence of how the sidewalk garbage bins are done, except, of course, the casing is cheap, and poorly maintained) but the principle stands.

The City (among others) never ceases to make things look far more difficult than they need to be.
Something needs to be done about the institutional culture of excuse making

Back