News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Lots of things in New York are supersized compared to Toronto, sidewalks, roads, apartment buildings, subways. It doesn't make it a better place to live, but certainly one has opportunities that you wouldn't have here. The crush of people can be a bit oppressive as can be the dog eat dog ethos of the place. But it is full of treasure and focused on excellence in a way Toronto is not (and I wish it would be). I'm happy to have it closeby, an easy place to visit. I love NY, but certainly my love is qualified.

Lots of things in New York are supersized compared to Toronto, sidewalks, roads, apartment buildings, subways. It doesn't make it a better place to live, but certainly one has opportunities that you wouldn't have here. The crush of people can be a bit oppressive as can be the dog eat dog ethos of the place. But it is full of treasure and focused on excellence in a way Toronto is not (and I wish it would be). I'm happy to have it closeby, an easy place to visit. I love NY, but certainly my love is qualified.

If T.O. didn't have the PATH system we would have a lot more people walking downtown. Think about how many people are down there during lunch time. Imagine the cosmopolitan feel and the vibrant streets if they were above ground.

Everyone: How did I miss this originally? I find this quite interesting remembering that I think that Toronto has all three of these: Downtown,Midtown and Uptown...

Imagine if the planners of the TTC Subway lines back in the 50s and 60s had planned and built both of the current Subway routes serving Toronto's Central Core to allow for expansion easily to 4 tracks
or had the foresight to have designed them with four tracks if anyone thought how successful the lines would be back in the day?

This goes to show everyone how densely populated Manhattan is (23 square miles) compared to Central Toronto...which is densely populated in its own right...

LI MIKE

Manhattan Overlay + TTC Overlay (rough)

Googled 'Manhattan overlay Toronto' out of sheer curiosity and my search led me to this thread. Inspired me to whip these up (albeit, quickly). The TTC vs MTA one was rather depressing, even though I knew it would be. Difficult to overlay TTC on MTA, as New York's subway lines are so extensive and the map is perhaps a bit too busy. 3rd image is a simpler version, that perhaps captures more clearly the differences in scale between TTC and MTA.

Another note, I did not use TTC map with future lines that have yet to be completed or are slated to begin work.

TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY.jpg

TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT2.jpg

TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT3.jpg

Attachments

• TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY.jpg
    TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4,529
  • TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT2.jpg
    TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 7,918
  • TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT3.jpg
    TORONTO-NYC-OVERLAY-TRANSIT3.jpg