News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I agree. But one assumes that in the fantastic reality where this petition succeeds in changing the course of history the city has deep pockets to expropriate and build a rail deck park. Now or later it will still be incredibly expensive. In reality I can't imagine the city ever having enough money to spend to make this a priority.

The ORCA project is half park. The petition is really "stop half a park and condos, save the blight of the rail yard and a fantastical dream of the future" unless we assume the city has very deep pockets in which case any fantasy is possible.

the west end has fort york and many small parks - the east end, with the exception of the new CIBC square park - could use a park on top of the rails there - its a big area and it doesn't look like there are any condo interests there

the west end has fort york and many small parks - the east end, with the exception of the new CIBC square park - could use a park on top of the rails there - its a big area and it doesn't look like there are any condo interests there
Just east of Spadina would make a good sized park. East of that may eventually become a park when Oxford (?) redoes the MCC

And meanwhile Toronto is totally screwed...
PortlandsMap.png
CanoePark.jpg
CorktownCommon.jpg
HtO Park.jpg
TrilliumPark.jpg
JohnStPedestrian.jpg
Lake Ontario Park master plan.jpg
RoundhousePark.jpg
SugarBeach.jpg
UniversityAve.png
SherbourneCommon.jpg
YongeTomorrow.png

He's posting it to compare the priorities between the cities.
Paris will continue to rake in even more billions a year from tourism money with getting more parks, while Toronto will have a few towers on the railway with a parkette noone will travel to visit 😅 😬 😖
No they are posting meaningless content of a video which is completely unrelated on a thread that hasn't had any activity in a month.

They do this all the time and its so annoying.

I saw a video on Hudson Yards a week ago from the B1M which would be useful.

This.

Is.

Not.

No they are posting meaningless content of a video which is completely unrelated on a thread that hasn't had any activity in a month.

They do this all the time and its so annoying.

I saw a video on Hudson Yards a week ago from the B1M which would be useful.

This.

Is.

Not.
Showing what other cities are doing to increase their parks in their city centres. By your response, I take that you want no more parks in Toronto's downtown.

And as I like to point out on a regular basis:

We have a giant patch of urban wasteland in our downtown called Exhibition Place that everyone in this region forgets exists outside of two weeks in August.

Whenever Toronto is ready to stop being mediocre, I’ll be the first one on the bulldozers so we can demolish that massive waste of concrete build a great urban park there 👍

As far as I’m concerned, we could have the worlds greatest urban park there if we spent just a fraction of Rail Deck’s proposed budget.

And as I like to point out on a regular basis:

We have a giant patch of urban wasteland in our downtown called Exhibition Place that everyone in this region forgets exists outside of two weeks in August.

Whenever Toronto is ready to stop being mediocre, I’ll be the first one on the bulldozers so we can demolish that massive waste of concrete build a great urban park there 👍

As far as I’m concerned, we could have the worlds greatest urban park there if we spent just a fraction of Rail Deck’s proposed budget.
I don't think that is on the table. People on here seem to think that it only gets used for the ex. The parking lot is used for people attending events as well when the ex isn't on. Also when the Indy race is on the parking lot is taken up by the racing teams as well as the stands for people to watch along with other things to support the race.

Plus turning it into a park isn't going to bring tourists to there.

Back