8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

the lemur

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed there is a platform on the north side of the CPR tracks north of Dupont, near the corner of Macpherson Ave and Madison Ave. It appears to be an asphalt berm in a former parking lot that is now fenced off and there are Hydro One signs in the area. Anyone know what it's for? I didn't see any signs of activity. Could Hydro One be receiving deliveries to the site by rail?
IMG_3110.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg
IMG_3108.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the one they used on 2018-10-06 to move a transformer to Copeland. Full route is in the attached PDF.

Not sure if it was built just for this purpose or if was already there and they were just able to make use of it.

Attachments

• John Ts_Routing Map.pdf
    361.9 KB · Views: 379
I noticed there is a platform on the north side of the CNR tracks north of Dupont, near the corner of Macpherson Ave and Madison Ave. It appears to be an asphalt berm in a former parking lot that is now fenced off and there are Hydro One signs in the area. Anyone know what it's for? I didn't see any signs of activity. Could Hydro One be receiving deliveries to the site by rail?

Those are CP Rail tracks. Can the thread name be updated?

It looks like the one they used on 2018-10-06 to move a transformer to Copeland. Full route is in the attached PDF.
View attachment 182368

Not sure if it was built just for this purpose or if was already there and they were just able to make use of it.

Interesting. That's pretty far from Copeland though!

I posted an image (taken on October 8th, 2018) in the "trainspotting" thread a while back. One Sunday evening, I saw an 8 axle flat car (which was empty) parked at the loading dock. I assumed that it was used to deliver a transformer, and well, I guess I was right... I believe the platform was built explicitly for this purpose, since I first remember seeing it during the late summer.

fullsizeoutput_6bc.jpeg

Last edited:
It is possible to walk from Macpherson to the rail tracks.

This allows walking along the rail tracks safely from Bartlett to Madison.

It is possible to walk from Macpherson to the rail tracks.

This allows walking along the rail tracks safely from Bartlett to Madison.

The abandoned south track ROW is used by a lot of people (especially during the summer) for jogging, dog walking, and cycling. While it may be safer than walking on an active track, it is still illegal. I met a train enthusiast who was once arrested by CP Police for trespassing, but I still don't think they enforce the laws that often.

Back