News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re: RBC Confirmed Height

That sounds like a more reasonable height considering the floor count. Surely the Telus figure is incorrect as well- unless it is to be occupied by midgets.

Re: Cadillac Fairview tower to end Toronto dry spell

Also the the podium is 10 floors with a total elevation of 43.350 meters.

Re: Crane is up

beingjohnmalkovichelevator.jpg

Photo Update

I took a few photos on my way home tonight. Unfortunately, I'm not used to having a camera with a lithium-ion battery. The camera died four pictures in. I'll make up for it in a few days. Until then, enjoy these:

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

I just thought this was a nice pic:
DSCN0079.jpg

Thanks kpad. So we now have hoarding all the way round, is that what I see?

This area is going to become really dense and is also expanding the CBD

Re: Photo Update

Yeh the area will feel very different in the coming years. The RBC tower seems a bit ordinary but the Ritz hotel will surely be a very striking addition to the skyline.

I don't know about you guys but the festival tower, BA tower, RBC tower, and even the ritz all have the same design. It's kind of wierd

Its just the renderings. Ritz will look like it cost a couple billion dollars and BA will have fancy lights.

RBC Centre will likely be the most ordinary looking of the Trio.

Festival Centre will create a new high end hangout for the rich and famous on King St. Which might dig into Yorkville's business. ( not to mention the Ritz up the street)

I was by last night, though without a camera, and in the dark besides.

So I will paint you a word picture.

RBC is half-excavated along its eastern edge, with the basement levels rising quickly in the excavated parts. (There are still excavation backhoes and whatnot elsewhere on site.) It's uneven, but at its highest point, it seems to be only one level below grade. The Simcoe Place loading docks traffic winds its way diagonally across the site; I understand they're waiting to get the tower up to grade so they can start excavating the other half of the site, across which said traffic currently winds.

Meanwhile, the Ritz sales centre is long gone, and two or three backhoes had scraped a crater that seemed to be six feet deep or so, which they were sitting in, side-by-side. A giant pile-drivery crane jobby is on-site, with hole-boreing attachments littered nearby.

They appear to be building skycrapers.

the royal bank has signed up for 131,393 sq ft for expansion.

From PCL.com:

Current Progress

(as of Jan.30/07):

The excavation in phase one of the construction program progressed and allowed the crane erection and the start of the footing work in December. The formwork subcontractor is now fully mobilized on the south side of the building and the first suspended slab has been poured in accordance with the schedule. This is the first slab in the Interim Loading Dock area which is scheduled to be completed and turned over to the landlord for their use in early April 2007. After this occupancy, PCL will be able to start excavating the west side of the project. Also in January, Enwave started tunnelling from the lowest level of the garage under Wellington Street towards the large tunnel on the north side. This operation is expected to last until February after which PCL can complete the footings on the north side of the Tower footprint.

AoD

Just walked by the site. Three underground levels about 50 feet wide along the south side are now done. One more floor and they hit ground level. Should happen within the next week or so. Moving fast!

There currently is a gap in between the RBC building and Ritz that has not been dug. Is this going to be filled in with building? or is it to be left open space, park, parking lot? I cant really tell from pictures how the two buidlings will end up meshing in the end.

Back