News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re: Cadillac Fairview tower to end Toronto dry spell

Say goodbye to two more parking lots.

Wellington St is going to be quite the destination once all this dust settles. Now if only RTH would clean up their back end...

From the looks of that redereing its a 34s tower with 9 of those floors a podium. One of the articles states a 34s tower on top of a 9s podium, for a total of 43s. I am hoping for the latter. Overall this is great news.

Anyone want to estimate the height on this building given the floor plate/area info we have?

EDIT - I've updated the new floor count (43) on the list I'm maintaining at the top of this forum. It's been a while since I've added an entry; unfortunately it looks as though the ACC/25 York street office-tower proposal will fall below my arbitrary 400 ft threshold, and new tall condos have not appeared lately.

So who puts the shovel in the ground first: Ritz or Trump?

Ritz. This tower and Ritz will share underground parking so the base for both will be built at the same time I would think. Technically that would mean both will start in July. That will give us 2 new 500 footers going up.

Thats very good news. Maybe this will start the turn around in our downtown from a place of business flight to a place of economic growth.

The two buildings will sit on the south west corner of Simcoe and Wellington with their podiums facing North, I think.

RBC.jpg

Maybe it did shrink to 43 storeys... this little render looks squatter than one one released last fall.

Perhaps they've eliminated the 2 phase construction idea in favour of this.

interchange:

Oddly enough, they said the tower is 34s in the second link, and the rendering itself does look proportionally shorter...

AoD

I counted 40 plus from that rendering. Nice street wall with that 10 storey podium.

Re: 43 storey RBC office tower to start construction in July

25 York is 32 storeys, that's almost certainly good for 400ft. i'd guesstimate that at 420-450ft, not counting mechanical

Hmmm... on second evaluation it could be. Ok, what the hell, I'll throw it in for now, and if it turns out to be too short I'll take it out appropriately.

EDIT - This isn't the same tower as 151 Front Street West, is it? I can't recall the proposal surrounding this site, and if the reason I didn't have 25 York listed before was because it's a duplicate.

The latest rendering looks kinda stubby, and not nearly as cool as the older, taller one. A little disappointing if you ask me. It looks like the poor cousin of the gleaming Ritz Carlton beside it, lacking the elegance of the swooping wall and slender silhouette. 34 stories versus 48 is a pretty major difference. The new rendering kind of looks more suburban office park than downtown gem. Thoughts?

Back