News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Ok, we have me, solaris, and now wyliepoon taking a photo from almost the exact same spot! I must admit I like that perspective (minus the hulking Intercontinental).

And MBS... you were almost bang-on for the time I was there.

The Intercontinental didn't really bother me until you mentioned it just now. Now it just looks like it's in the way.

Naw - it's of a time and place too! If all the towers were all glass, you'd be bored!

I agree completely. RBC and its glass neighbours actually play nicely off of the Intercontinental, and vice versa.

I stumbled across this render of RBC Dexia and the Ritz... not new, but I don't think we've seen this resolution before.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they execute the lantern/pyramid on the building since it is close at hand.

RBCCentre.jpg

RBC Dexia is a financial joint venture between RBC and Dexia of Belgium. It's headquartered in London.

Didn't know Dexia would be getting their name on this project. That's cool though. I like the big RBC logo on the east side at the top.
Also it's interesting how both logos of RC and RBC have lions.
We should name these towers the Lion Towers. Or maybe just I will... lol.

In that rendering they've left the stone wall blank in the middle of the podium.

Someone should get a shot of the tower from Queen and University. It's quite prominent from there.

Intercontinental looks so much better with rbc in the picture. It doesn't dominate the area as much and the different materials contrast nicely.
There's also a nice pyramid effect with the building heights going there now.

wyliepoon's photos from Bathurst were taken sometime between 4:50pm & 5:10pm :)

nice shot of RBC by stevie rave on at flickr...

3025349640_3b3af11ae3_o.jpg

Back