News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^I'm not thrilled with realestate sellers trying to move their product here. Given enough time, they'll be posting on every thread.

But that's where you are wrong.The real estate section is for exactly that. As long as they stay in the real estate section we have no problem with it. And if commerce concerns you then skip this section.

I'm not sure what motivates Josh, whether it be a desire to discuss real estate matters or simply a desire to make sales, but he does have a point. Maybe we could dispense with a bit of the negativity and extend the benefit of the doubt, at least until more evidence is available.

Hey Walt,
My Motivation is easy... I have done nothing but eat, sleep, and live Investment real estate for the past 8 years with a specialty in Multi-Res...
My motivation is simple. To discuss real estate something I am surrounded by, with other people who are interested in the same. Share views, experiences, and knowledge.
As for Sales or leads from this site I honestly doubt that will ever happen, I look at this forum as another sourse of information. The most activity I would expect from a forum like this would be possibly setting up some sort of networking group.
So I guess what I'm saying is my motivation is not sales it is knowledge both to Gain and Share.
Multi-ResJosh

I've checked out Josh. He seems like to be legit and a hard worker which is saying quite a bit for his breed.

Josh, you would win big points in my books if you brought forth some ready, willing and able sellers instead of buyers. Again, apartment building owners know very well how to find buyers. They are more interested in finding good deals.

Got any?

Also, do you think the absence of conduit lenders has hurt the multi-res investment market yet?

Vultur, he would hardly "bring forth" sellers in this forum, unless this forum is suddenly going to start acting as a clearing house for buyers and sellers, a kind of substitute for the MLS system and other established mechanisms. I very much doubt that.

As for conduit lenders, I would think any such people will be meeting with less than enthusiastic demand for their services for at least the next little while, given recent events in the mortgage-backed securiites markets in the U.S., and also the fact that our ratings agencies here in Canada need an overhaul, or so it is alleged by some. Many people now have no interest in touching mortgage-backed securities or indeed any kind of asset-backed paper, and that would have to be pretty discouraging to any possible conduit lenders. (My opinion only, as a non-expert!)

Josh, hopefully you will have some insights to add to this forum, which I would look forward to.

Back