8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wooba

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is there any way other than contacting an agent that I can see what units sold recently and for what price in my building?

Thanks..

No way of knowing other than through an agent.

If you find the property on mls.ca, the price is usually close to asking. It would give you a general idea. The properties are taken off the website shortly after they are sold.

This is exactly why the competition commissioner is taking CREA to court again stating that by keeping this information private and not allowing public access, it is keeping consumers in the dark and forcing them effectively into realtors hands. If she wins the case my understanding is that this information will be available. It is routinely available in the US. That said, the quality of US realtors compared to Canadian ones, at least in Florida is truly shocking. Quite a few that I have talked to there are only interested in their commission and really don't know much at all about the market, tend to provide little useful information, and are generally very non chalant about what sis be a big purchase for most people. And I say this as a Canadian who was a cash buyer. In the end, I did find a very reasonable agent (the 4th one I actually dealt with). I had one who actually did not take in an offer that was higher than the selling price because he had another client who was stretched to get to that level and figured I could afford more and would get a later unit and he could increase his commission twice. Wrong idea as he lost me as a client.

You can go to the Toronto registry to find out for a fee. Also if you want to be sneaky get a home evaluation from an agent pretending that you are interested in listing your home. He/She would gladly give you an idea what your home is worth with a list of recent comparables.

Back