8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

gonatgo

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking for a classy place to bring my boyfriend for his birthday. Somewhere we can dress up and not look out of place....I'm thinking yorkville maybe. He's new to Toronto (well, new to Canada) so I want to bring him somewhere nice a different from where we usually go (sushi, pho, thai) I was planning on the restaurant in the CN tower since he's never gone up it, but a lot of friends have said the food isnt great for the price and it's full of families (little kids running around isnt very romantic)
But here's the catch...I'm a broke student so I don't want to be spending a ton of money...maybe around $150 at the most. I'm hoping that wont be too hard since a usual night out for us is like a shared app, 2 mains, a glass of wine for me and maybe 2 beers for him.
any suggestions?

My # 1 pick would be Opus on prince arthur www.opusrestaurant.com. Been there many times food and service top notch. I also like Pangaea. I was really disappointed with One at the Hazelton Hotel. Flow is a good spot for drinks the food and service is dreadful. Not as romantic as others but the Studio Cafe at the four seasons has a diverse à la carte menu and pretty good prices too.

Try Sassafraz if you can afford the $35 summerlicious prix fixe (beverages not included). A bunch of us had a very nice meal there during winterlicious...

Toni Bulloni's

It's on Cumberland just east of Avenue. Small little Italian place. Great food, good portions, fairly priced. You should be able to eat there for under 50 a plate.

"Toni Bulloni's"?? You got to be kidding. Definately NOT for a special occassion.

Dimmi's close by is a happening spot, but not especially intimate.

Studio Cafe is more of a lunch spot - but a very good one.

How about Joso's for the best seafood in the city although its 10 minutes north of Yorkville by foot. A great spot.

No-one has mentionned it (thank god) but DO NOT go to the Tru Normand in Yorkville - posssibly the worst restaurant in the City.

Morton's if he's a steak guy. But sort of corporate.

Sotto Sotto (Avenue Road) is probably still a very good spot, fairly cosy,

Spuntini's had great food the last time I went. It's on Bay St near Yorkville if I remember correctly. You can dress up but it's not super formal and not super expensive.

I heard LOTS of great stuff about Opus as well.

And Susur was really good when I went just before Susur himself left for NYC

edit: sorry didn't realize this was about 4 months ago.

Sotto Sotto all the way if you desire great food and an intimate atmosphere.

Back