39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Project Website:

https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/publ...#section-76c0bea7-2bd6-4605-98fc-24080e7dad82

2022-021-ReconstructionArea_map_eng_WEB.jpg

Nice! Not sure if I'm in the minority but I'd almost rather the city sell the triangular plot of land at that redesigned intersection for Residential with retail at street level. I think that would make that block more useful and help connect the library & flats to the west side of downtown. Otherwise, we know it will become a "park", aka just green patch of grass - and with it being in the middle of a busy intersection of roads, who will want to cross all these busy streets to hangout on this grass patch?

Nice! Not sure if I'm in the minority but I'd almost rather the city sell the triangular plot of land at that redesigned intersection for Residential with retail at street level. I think that would make that block more useful and help connect the library & flats to the west side of downtown. Otherwise, we know it will become a "park", aka just green patch of grass - and with it being in the middle of a busy intersection of roads, who will want to cross all these busy streets to hangout on this grass patch?

While outside of Lebretons scope, it does appear on their concept plan as a building parcel, and old design documents for this project do show it as a future parcel for devolopment. I think it will eventually become something but no plans at the moment.
old.PNG

It's definitely large enough for a solid sized tower, but I think we'd be missing out on the opportunity for a 'Monument to the Monumental Failure of the Monument 'Memorial to the Victims of Communism' around the corner.

Back