39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 8.00.22 PM.png
Red

I'm stoked for this. I've watched some of these Red Bull Soapbox races on YouTube from other events around the world, they're pretty comical and overall seem like a good time to both participate + spectate.

This will showcase the skyline nice, but please oh please consider doing another 'one off' party in Rossdale PP as part of this, along with a bunch of container food stalls in QE park that are there pre-event and remain post- for weekends to attract folks to the area.

It's on TSN or SN from time to time. This, along with their amazing Fluevtag get a decent amount of exposure and can draw folks from the region into town; it's got a cool factor and is way more fun than Crashed Ice for the spectators.

It's on TSN or SN from time to time. This, along with their amazing Fluevtag get a decent amount of exposure and can draw folks from the region into town; it's got a cool factor and is way more fun than Crashed Ice for the spectators.
Funny that... of course it will only be some 35C warmer to watch the Soapbox Derby vs Crashed Ice. It will be interesting as well to see if they manage to fit in some official/sanctioned soapbox racing.

Love this, I've seen videos of this and it looks like a total riot. It's interesting to see how Red Bull seems to like Edmonton for it's events. Extreme Sports events in general actually. Crashed Ice, the Skateboarding events at Louise McKinney, climbing at the ICE District. could be a fun niche for Edmonton to find as a routine host for these types of events.

Love this, I've seen videos of this and it looks like a total riot. It's interesting to see how Red Bull seems to like Edmonton for it's events. Extreme Sports events in general actually. Crashed Ice, the Skateboarding events at Louise McKinney, climbing at the ICE District. could be a fun niche for Edmonton to find as a routine host for these types of events.
Definitely feels like we’ve built a good relationship with them. Glad to see it continuing. This event should get a good turn out id imagine!

Back