8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

bcx

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten reimbursed by Tarion for condo delayed longer than the allowable limits?

I have an occupancy date that has been delayed twice now without the required 35 days notice and the Tarion site says I need to submit any receipts to get reimbursed up to $100 per day. I don't have any receipts, as I'm just continuing to rent my current place until I can finally move. Will they still reimburse me for that?

Has anyone gotten reimbursed by Tarion for condo delayed longer than the allowable limits?

I have an occupancy date that has been delayed twice now without the required 35 days notice and the Tarion site says I need to submit any receipts to get reimbursed up to $100 per day. I don't have any receipts, as I'm just continuing to rent my current place until I can finally move. Will they still reimburse me for that?

i think copies of your redeemed rent cheques could qualify as receipts, but i can't confirm the rent would be reimbursed.

I would agree with cdr. Paying rent should qualify you I believe since if you moved out you would be paying a hotel room or equivalent. I see no difference between staying where you are and paying rent. You might even ask your builder. If he is reputable, he will tell you what you are or are not entitled to. In any event, I would suggest that you call Tarion as I am sure they will respond to your question over the phone immediately as surely this cannot be a rare occurence or a first time happening.

Tarion reimbursed me for my rent when my closing was delayed by two weeks.
I got my landlord to write a letter with dates and costs, submitted to Tarion and they paid out.

This was back in 2007.

Thanks for the replies. I'll get a letter from my landlord and hope that they reimburse that.

Back