40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

1000043763.jpg

Attachments

• 1000043771.jpg
    1000043771.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm curious to see how that drains, I see flat U/S of slab below the balcony. No pipes
I'm curious to see how that drains, I see flat U/S of slab below the balcony. No pipes
I am not sure exactly what you mean, but balconies don't have drainage piping. The residential balconies here as most buildings do, have a slight slope and the water drains between the balcony slab edge between the face cladding. The step backs above the amenity space where the pool is, have scuppers that drain the water to the roof drains on the amenity space level. I hope this makes sense. There are no flat balconies or terrace areas on this project or any another for that matter.

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but balconies don't have drainage piping. The residential balconies here as most buildings do, have a slight slope and the water drains between the balcony slab edge between the face cladding. The step backs above the amenity space where the pool is, have scuppers that drain the water to the roof drains on the amenity space level. I hope this makes sense. There are no flat balconies or terrace areas on this project or any another for that matter.
1721478393057.png

This line(red arrow) we are seeing here is just the drip edge.
I got the basics, but usually there is not a façade on the exterior edge, I would be really interested to see a detail on how this one works.
I don't see how you drain through the white portion. I don't see the drainage path. - unless we are just draining through (ideally) galvanized furring channels. and they are just constantly exposed to water running in-between the exterior of the alum and the conc slab.
say you look at the proportions of the white alum to the exposed slabs above, you can tell that it is higher than the lowpoint of the balcony. so the water is not running over the top of the alum, it would have to be between???

I want a detail!!!!!😄

View attachment 581928
This line(red arrow) we are seeing here is just the drip edge.
I got the basics, but usually there is not a façade on the exterior edge, I would be really interested to see a detail on how this one works.
I don't see how you drain through the white portion. I don't see the drainage path. - unless we are just draining through (ideally) galvanized furring channels. and they are just constantly exposed to water running in-between the exterior of the alum and the conc slab.
say you look at the proportions of the white alum to the exposed slabs above, you can tell that it is higher than the lowpoint of the balcony. so the water is not running over the top of the alum, it would have to be between???

I want a detail!!!!!😄
Yes, I know your red arrows are pointing at a drip edge. Again, the drainage gap is between the balcony slab edge and cladding.

Yes, I know your red arrows are pointing at a drip edge. Again, the drainage gap is between the balcony slab edge and cladding.
1721781326622.png

So, there would be a return at the top from the balcony I would assume?
personally I think its not the best. but as there is no façade underneath, who cares I guess..🫤

Back