News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Marché International leaving Canada, closing Toronto eateries

DH Toronto Staff | Apr 6 2020, 1:22 pm

Marché International — which fronts Marché and Mövenpick Café in Toronto — has announced its withdrawal from the Canadian market.

After ten years in the industry, the gastronomy company says it’s leaving the country is for economic reasons.

The company is expected to close its Toronto restaurants — located at Brookfield Place Street and Concourse Level — at the end of May.

Employees have received notice of the closure and termination of their employment, the company said, in compliance with its legal obligations.

In the future, the company will focus on its airport and leisure hospitality business in Europe.

Nooooooo!!!! I have so many fond memories of frequently eating at the Marche at Wellington and Yonge as an adolescent with my parents...

?

Signage for the future Jollibee restaurant on Yonge Street opposite Gould is now up.

“Joy is coming soon.” In more ways than one, I hope.

9119AB5A-68D4-4E04-972A-671BD9169AF7.jpeg

SkipTheDishes Commits A Total Of Over $15 Million To Help Canadians During COVID-19 Crisis

Apr 16, 2020, 07:00 ET

WINNIPEG, April 16, 2020 /CNW/ - SkipTheDishes, Canada's largest and most popular food delivery service, is hungry to help Canadians through these challenging times brought on by COVID-19. The delivery service app is giving an additional estimated $10 million back to communities and restaurant partners through a variety of meaningful commitments.

At the start of the crisis, SkipTheDishes launched a 30-day support package for restaurants on its network that has since directed more than $5 million back to its partners across the country. SkipTheDishes is proud to announce that it will be extending this support package, which includes a rebate of 25% to help local and independent restaurant partners whose dining rooms remain closed. This initiative will give over $10 million back to restaurants through direct rebates and marketing support.

"Restaurants are the heart and soul of communities across Canada and the industry is facing unprecedented hardships. Though we know our support package doesn't solve all of the challenges our restaurant partners are facing, we're hoping it will help make an impact as we all work together to get through these exceptional times," says Kevin Edwards, CEO of SkipTheDishes.

As an immediate response to COVID-19, SkipTheDishes also introduced the option for customers to support local restaurants by directly leaving them a tip, with 100% of contributions going directly to their restaurant of choice. In just a few short weeks, Skip customers have raised over $200,000 to help neighbourhood eateries stay in business.

Taqueria Gus have opened a second location, which will be at 616 Gladstone Ave (@Shanly, one block north of Bloor West): They're currently going to be operating as takeout and delivery during this time.

I was immediately refunded. Public health inspected the premises and followed up, but found nothing. Obviously some kind of glass object fell into the wok.

Well, yeah, kitchens aren't exactly labs. I had glass once as a child in a piece of cake at a restaurant in the US. Good times.

The Foggy Dew (King Street West at Niagara) is shut down forever...and this was from before the plague.

I have very fond memories of posting up in the booth by the bar with a friend of mine who was a bestie at the time but we don't talk anymore because....nvm that bollocks, the place is cancelled and that's sad.

I'm not sure why. Business was good. The owner was youngish. Though he was a Yank so maybe he up and left.

I have noticed some restaurants have quit doing take-out because it cost more to fire up the equipment and pay staff. My friends restaurant only made about $500 a week. They used to make that in an hour on a busy Friday or Saturday night.
Not sure how restaurants are going to survive another month closed ?

I have noticed some restaurants have quit doing take-out because it cost more to fire up the equipment and pay staff. My friends restaurant only made about $500 a week. They used to make that in an hour on a busy Friday or Saturday night.
Not sure how restaurants are going to survive another month closed ?

Don't worry, we're here to help.

Me and some mates area already planning on going out like mad as soon as plague restrictions on restaurants and pubs are over.
I'm spending close to a 1000$ that first week, don't care, helping the economy. I'm so stoked.
Bottle of wine each at every restaurant we go to.

Back