News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Definitely going to be the case for retail and fast food places in the PATH system too. I can imagine WFH policy to remain in place well into 2021 for many companies in that space.

It's also going to affect eateries that cater to students and are located around U of T, Ryerson, OCAD, George Brown, etc.
Don't forget about the food trucks in university campuses. They will be hit very hard.

Good! Buffets are wasteful and always sub-par which is to be expected with massively turning out food on a large scale.

I remember back in my high school days (around 12+ years ago lol), people would often have birthdays and other celebration gatherings at the Mandarin buffet at Yonge & Eg.

For whatever reason that was just the thing to do. Guess it was something reasonably priced that can accommodate large groups of moderately funded teenagers. And there was the social, hang out, walk around and come back a few times aspect to it.

The food was always the typical buffet food so nothing to write home about. Personally I only like it for the social aspect, otherwise the concept is rather dated. But yeah, they'll always have their market of young people, families and seniors, etc.

Last edited:
We had some outings as elementary schoolers and high schoolers to that same location as well!

I hate Mandarin. I used to do a lot worse dumb things than just go to Mandarin when I was younger though. ;)

Frankie tomatoes was great.

Yes, went to this one with my elementary school mates a bunch of times when we were getting together for reunions post-secondary. Good times, questionable everything else. ?

Old Spaghetti Factory is the one with all the mad decor? The only time I went there I was peaking on mushrooms and had a blast with the ceiling riot coming down on my head. Felt a bit like Hunter S Thompson and his bats on the way to Vegas. Only had pints though so can't comment on the food. :D

Don't understand the Mandarin hate - for buffet it's decent quality food, and better than many options out there.

I don't mind the Mandarin, it's a great place to go with a group of people. Picky eaters got lots of variety of foods. Plus the Chiu family makes all the buffets on Canada Day free to Canadian citizens.

Back