News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It looks like the likely scenario is that the landlord jacked up the rent, Swiss Chalet balked and decided to leave, but the landlord was unable to fnd a new tennant, so a compromise was reached. Good for Swiss Chalet at playing the game and winning if this is the case.

I don't know if it has been mentioned on here, but the "world famous" Chick 'n' Deli on Mt. Pleasant south of Eglinton has been closed for months for renovations. The giant chicken that was on the roof is now gone.

That is very disturbing, I love that place.

Last week I read a review (in Metro) for Liberty Belle Bistro on Jefferson. Place has been open since January it seems. Small place in a pretty non-descript location (east side of Jefferson just south on King opposite the non-box office side of Lamport Stadium).

This place serves incredible food (which is kinda important in the restaurant business).....our party of 4 had a mixture of appies, salads and mains before heading over to the TFC match.....I had a pasta special that I was raving about all weekend and was probably the best meal I have had in a year!

If your in that area, definitely worth seeking out and giving it a go!

the swiss chalet on yonge street is open again.
We eat there last year and it was bug ridded. Will never eat there again even if it was built from ground up again.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but URBAN restaurant at King & John is gone. The space is for lease.

Canteen across the street is full of people every night. Hmmm...

Just to follow up: the "FOR LEASE" signs have come down.

I found this Interesting in the article
For those wondering, Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio already trademarked the name for his Craft restaurants in the states, which are more about fine dining than burger and fries. “Instead of going through a legal battle, we just decided to change the name,” says Yusuf.

So a potential legal battle with a fine dining resto in the states gave them concern over the Craft name but this place in Oakville didn't bother them?

http://www.thebigsmokebbq.com/#!page-5

Yesterday I noticed a staff meeting at Against the Grain, which is to be the new restaurant/tavern at the Corus Building, so it should be open soon.

There's a St.Louis wing place going up on Yonge across from Maitland.

Does anyone know what happened to Chimicanga in Yorkville? It's been closed since March. I thought they only had a minor kitchen issue that took a weekend to resolve.

Back