News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Fox and Fiddle is expanding westward! A friend is opening a location on Main Street in downtown Winnipeg. There is already one open in Vancouver.

The <Hero Burger> at Queen and Spadina is open and apparently is a 24-hour one, that also serves breakfast sandwiches.

The <Hero Burger> at Queen and Spadina is open and apparently is a 24-hour one, that also serves breakfast sandwiches.

What's with all these Lettieris switching over to Hero Burger? Do they feel that they can't compete with Starbucks/Second Cup/Timothy's?

Probably. All three are terrible, though.

Burgers seem to be a more lucrative business these days -- Craft/Big Smoke, BQM, Burger Brats etc.

Yeah, and the building on Cumberland is supposed to be redeveloped last I heard, so its days are numbered too.

I think the Just Desserts & Yonge & Wellesley might be closing. There's a large 'retail space for lease' sign outside the building. It's either them or Bank of Nova Scotia.

What's the deal with that shawarma place on Hayden? They were called M and E for like a month (and didn't bother removing the Focaccia signage), and this past weekend, it suddenly became Chick Pea's (but the M and E menu is still there). Now it looks like they've moved some stuff around. It seems a little fishy to me.

The Dark Horse Espresso Bar indie empire has expanded again! They've just opened at 125 John St, north of Adelaide W. It's perfect as it is on my morning route to work and I can thereby finally stop sending money to Seattle every day!

Wow, I didn't even notice. I'll have to drop by on my way home!

edit: that's where Smokeless Joe's used to be :)

Last edited:
There's a little new fast food-type Japanese place across the street from Aura (yonge/gerrard) that used to be the old Ginger. It's called Eki-Bento (i think) and it's pretty good for a quick bite/lunch.

Back