News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I personally never liked Caplansky's. If anyone here is craving a local fix for Montreal smoked meat.... just go down a couple city blocks to the Corned Beef House on John and Adelaide. Get as fatty as you can get on the sandwich and you will not leave unsatisfied.

I personally never liked Caplansky's. If anyone here is craving a local fix for Montreal smoked meat.... just go down a couple city blocks to the Corned Beef House on John and Adelaide. Get as fatty as you can get on the sandwich and you will not leave unsatisfied.

That place is such an uninspiring dump though. Zero atmosphere.

That place is such an uninspiring dump though. Zero atmosphere.

I'D rather sacrifice atmosphere for better food... I never thought Caplansky's was worth it personally.

On the same note if you want good atmosphere with okay smoked meat... go to Kilgours especially before a Habs game!

Last edited:
Mark McEwan's Fabbrica is opening in the concourse level of the TD Centre, where Noodles & Co. was (across from McEwan's grocery store and next to Bymark).

I'D rather sacrifice atmosphere for better food... I never thought Caplansky's was worth it personally.

On the same note if you want good atmosphere with okay smoked meat... go to Kilgours especially before a Habs game!
Not liking Caplansky's is one thing.....but actively supporting a Habs bar?

There are a few Spring Rolls left - Atrium on Bay immediately comes to mind - but that chain is all but dead at this point. Ten years ago, I liked it even, but I discovered better offerings since.

Only partly right.

According to their website, there is ONE Spring Rolls left, Atrium on Bay.

Personally, I enjoyed them for what they were, decent'ish food for a good price, that had real spice if ordered the right thing.

I use to enjoy getting their Singapore Noodles w/Chicken, extra hot! :)

They weren't skimpy w/the chicken and frankly one of the better Singapore Noodles out there.

Yonge/Bloor was my go-to; though I've been in a few of the others.

I wonder what's caused such a massive implosion?

My only off-hand thoughts are over-reach, and maybe the move to a slightly more modern/trendy look/menu may not have worked for them.

Only partly right.
According to their website, there is ONE Spring Rolls left, Atrium on Bay.
Personally, I enjoyed them for what they were, decent'ish food for a good price, that had real spice if ordered the right thing.
I use to enjoy getting their Singapore Noodles w/Chicken, extra hot! :)
They weren't skimpy w/the chicken and frankly one of the better Singapore Noodles out there.
Yonge/Bloor was my go-to; though I've been in a few of the others.
I wonder what's caused such a massive implosion?
My only off-hand thoughts are over-reach, and maybe the move to a slightly more modern/trendy look/menu may not have worked for them.

I wonder if they original owners (who were a chef/waitress husband/wife team at One of a Kind - a bistro at the Colonnade on Bay) sold the franchise and became too big for good quality control. Also, the competition for this asian/viet-thai fusion thing has really picked up - and now simultaneously mainstreamed and passe. Every chain restaurant has some thai curry inspired something nowadays. That has got to cut into their clientele.

AoD

Back