News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Schnitzel Queen on Queen across the street from Moss Park is closing January 17 after 25 years in business.
I wonder if the rents are going up in anticipation of more major developments nearby.

Schnitzel Queen on Queen across the street from Moss Park is closing January 17 after 25 years in business.
I wonder if the rents are going up in anticipation of more major developments nearby.

In November they said they hoped to reopen in a bigger space after taking a break. Time will tell.

Brooklyn Tavern at 1097 Queen St E in Leslieville is closing later this month on January 25th. The owners have sold the restaurant to a group that operates Fat Lamb Kouzina at 874 Yonge St. The new concept is expected to open in early spring.

Big Fat Burrito in Kensington Market is closing on March 1st, 2020. They do plan on reopening elsewhere in the city, although it's currently unknown on where and when.

Ruru Greek diner on Dundas St. East (previously the Mutual St. Deli) just closed. I never got around to trying it, but like MSD, it had inconvenient hours for dinner, and wasn’t open for weekends for a while.

Across the street, Good Earth Coffeehouse finally closed for good. The coffee wasn’t good, nor did the food look appetizing, and once Tim Hortons reopened in Grid, that was it. Pop Coffee Works just one door down is superior for coffee.

It's a shame. The area with all the new residents around should start to see its retail scene start to pick up - especially now that Dundas Square Gardens is occupying. Lots of new customers to spend.. Hopefully we see some more options soon.

Brooklyn Tavern in Leslieville closed its doors last week after 6 years. Will be a loss to the neighbourhood - was pretty decent pub food.

Just read an article on CoStar that Allied Properties has bought the building where The Old Spaghetti Factory is located, but that as part of the purchase from the same family that owns the restaurant, they've extended the lease for the restaurant for another 10 years.

Reactions: DSC
Just read an article on CoStar that Allied Properties has bought the building where The Old Spaghetti Factory is located, but that as part of the purchase from the same family that owns the restaurant, they've extended the lease for the restaurant for another 10 years.

It amazes me that so many good restaurants struggle or shut down after a few years, yet that mediocre place manages to keep going for DECADES. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another restaurant familiar to me that's still open in its original location from when I was a kid in the 80's.

It amazes me that so many good restaurants struggle or shut down after a few years, yet that mediocre place manages to keep going for DECADES. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another restaurant familiar to me that's still open in its original location from when I was a kid in the 80's.
And hasn't touched its menu or interior in just as long.. It's a serious throwback to the late 70's in there.

Back