40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

jag416

Member Bio
Reaction score
Coco Lezzone is located at 602 College St. in Toronto, in "Little
Italy".

Food on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I would give it a 81/2!

Ambiance:7

Service: 9

Beverages: 9

Dessert: 9

Value: 81/2

Dinner for 2 + drinks with dessert, tip, and taxes was $125.00

Coco Lezzone is a well known upscale Italian restaurant in Toronto's
Little Italy. The menu combines the best of Northern Italy with
Southern Italy. This place has a very light friendly feel in spite of
the romantic dark wood and dimmed lights. The staff is also very
attentive and professional. During warm weather the front windows
remains fully opened up to College Street so that you can get your
people watching groove in gear. Make a reservation so that you can get
the best view of the trendy passerbys. A real bonus when we were there
for an early Saturday dinner was the ambient music piped in from
overhead...a very nice touch.

Highly recommended as a romantic date restaurant.

Bests: A delicious lobster ravioli in a tomato and rose-cream sauce,
and the seafood risotto. They also make the one of the top creme
brulée deserts in Toronto - a "Bailey's Creme Brulée".

www.cocolezzone.com

Another great date restaurant...

I'm not getting paid to endorse restaurants, just sharing.

Lakes Restaurant & Wine Bar
1112 Yonge Street

Food on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I would give it a 81/2!

Ambiance:8

Service: 8

Beverages: 8

Dessert: 10

Value: 8

Dinner for 2 + drinks with dessert, tip, and taxes was $145.00

French-inspired Lakes Restaurant & Wine Bar is located in Toronto's Rosedale neighborhood. Walking by, blink and you might miss it. It's one of those hidden finds, that word of mouth endorses. Lakes is vegetarian friendly, and also carnivore friendly. Sip an aperitif at the front bar before heading to the cozy candlelit dining room to make the difficult choice what to dine on. The menu changes every few months, with jazzed-up bistro classics such as duck confit (one of my faves) with cranberry-shallot glaze and garlic mashed potatoes.

Bar none, Lakes makes the best banana crème brûlée you've ever tasted!

Highly recommended as a romantic date restaurant. No official restaurant web site that I can find, but plenty of reviews on Google.

Last night, I had dinner at Relish Bar & Grill at Danforth and Woodbine.

Great tapas, friendly service and very reasonable prices. Definitely worth checking out.

this is terrible but i can't remember the name of the place. italian restaurant. located near yonge and eglington.

it has a unique style. you arrive they tel you the appetizer buffet is set up, u go and help urself (and its all great food, nice salmon, great greek salad) when u get back at ur table there are cards one side has a green circle on it the other side a red circle. if u leave it green they continuously (not annoyingly) bring out different italian foods. as soon as u can't eat anymore u flip ur card to the red circle and then u get desert.

also, between them bring food out for u u can get more sald and bread at the buffet as u wish and also order a pasta dish or even make your own.

its great for groups. fun!

Cheap ( and tasty ) and cheerful: Ravi Soups at 322 Adelaide West.

Went last Friday with a friend - their happy hour is between 5 and 6 pm when soups are half price and my soup and wrap combo was $8.99 + tax. We sat in the outdoor patio at the back, though the air conditioner there is a bit noisy.

I highly recommend this joint on Ossington, just south of Dundas West, East side. Best pizza in town? (I'm not really a huge fan of the ultra thin (cracker-style) crust pizza at Terroni's.)

DSC00096.jpg

Any other UT-ites been here yet?

Not exactly a restaurant recommendation ... but gallery openings can have pretty decent free nibblies and drinkies sometimes. Last night I grazed at a couple of new shows opening at MOCCA ( Glenn Ligon introduced his film Death of Tom ) followed by a nice glass of red, with cheese and crackers, at the Edward Day group show next door.

Damn I missed the MOCCA opening. Too much stress in my life lately....:(

Gonna try to make it to Ester Pugliese's AWOL Gallery and Robert Farmer's Fountain Gallery openings tonight. Will you be there?

Ps: Edward Day is awesome in that their wine is always free!:D

I'll try. It'll be fun figuring out who you are, since you always so scrupulously avoid photographing your reflection in windows.

The Gardiner is free on Fridays too, so I sometimes go there - and to the ROM for a double-whammy of kulcha! Now the ROM's Triple A-P gallery has opened it is interesting to compare their Central and South American collection with what the Gardiner has.

Sara Diamond was shmoozing at MOCCA last night. The bowl of Ontario spuds with little herby things sprinkled all over was delicious. But there were some pale, sandwich things that tasted like cardboard. Didn't sit through all of the Ligon film, which I thought was quite tenuous. His Power Plant show a couple of years ago was one of the best things I saw that year. I'd love to see MOCCA reach their level of shows, consistently.

- $#()<k&r

Back