News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Why is Norm absent during today's budget?

Steam Whistle‏@SteamWhistle
He's bff with Drizzy, we've got #6dad in the hizzy @norm #NotableAwards

CbdVlV7UsAM-D0Q.jpg

Norm Kelly's twitter account that people are applauding is almost completely devoid of anything to do with city hall. I couldn't care less about his Drake fetish while there's a budget going on and an unprecedented wave of transit expansion plans making the news lately.

Norm Kelly does have city hall content here and there on his twitter. Personally, I applaud him for being so engaged on twitter and "getting it". He is bringing awareness of what goes on at city hall to a whole generation and demographic of otherwise disinterested Torontonians.

Finally, I much rather hear about Norm Kelly's antics on CityTV than Mammolitti, Karygiannis or Ford's.

Norm Kelly does have city hall content here and there on his twitter. Personally, I applaud him for being so engaged on twitter and "getting it". He is bringing awareness of what goes on at city hall to a whole generation and demographic of otherwise disinterested Torontonians.

Finally, I much rather hear about Norm Kelly's antics on CityTV than Mammolitti, Karygiannis or Ford's.
Those "disinterested Torontonians" aren't paying attention to his city hall messages. They're following him for all the wrong reasons.

What exactly does he get? How to tap into self-absorbed, shallow people on social media?

I guess there are certain things that can be appreciated, though personally I'm not too interested in his content. As for your last point, definitely can't argue with that.

I thought councillor Mihevc was better than this. Very disappointed.

Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.29.49 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.47.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.29.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.29.49 PM.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 843
  • Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.47.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-25 at 12.47.41 PM.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 879
Doesn't really fit in this thread, but I guess this thread works as a PSA:

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...-known-as-michelle-holland-for-city-business/

Threw me off for a good 5 minutes this morning as I wondered who was Councillor Holland and why I never heard of her before.

It looks like she's going through a transition where the name is concerned: councillorberardinetti.com now redirects to councillorholland.ca, which refers to her as Michelle Holland-Berardinetti, 'long-term resident of Ward 35 where she lives with her 2 rescue cats'.

I thought councillor Mihevc was better than this. Very disappointed.

View attachment 68112

View attachment 68113
What is painful for me is that Mihevc clearly knows the facts and is a smart guy. I don't know what his insistence on small-budget service-improvement solutions is about. He has access to the Yonge ridership facts and has very good connections within city-planing. I don't know why he is still hung up on the Relief Line.

GraphicMatt 8:31pm via Echofon
Yeah! And they've been free to maintain ever since. Except for, um, the $2.6 billion in the capital plan.

Jim Karygiannis @jimkarygiannis
RFP 2 study if Torontonians 2 pay 2 use DVP + Gardiner which we paid for 60 >yrs ago. What??? Ludicrous. #ward39 #Topoli

There's a fine line between clever and stupid. Oh wait, this is Jimmy K we're talking about...

Toronto councillor asks TTC to take a closer look at fare evasion
Coun. Joe Mihevc worries fare evasion is on the rise now that back-door boarding is allowed on all streetcars.

In recent weeks, Mihevc's comments on the TTC have really been irking me. Why does he want the TTC to waste time investigating fare evasion, when they did the same in Vancouver and found that the system to prevent fare evasion ended up costing more than the money lost from fare evasion itself?

Health board 'on crack' with drug injection vote: Mammoliti - Toronto Sun

“The board of health is on crack and needs to stop giving themselves plush salaries,” he said. “They should understand the proper place is in a hospital setting and not in a community”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a joke in there, but its too easy to even mention it. :rolleyes:

And of course, what does plush salaries have to do with injection sites? Nothing, but it just how he ends every sentence. :rolleyes:

OK Mihevc, well played. But you really think you can take on Mammo and JimmyK in hallucinatory stupidity? You're playing in the big league, my friend.

Back