News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Impressive transformation.
The interior needs more work though -- it looks like a dated hotel lobby with the black granite, stringy chandeliers and large field of enormous pot lights.

very ambitious -- and I agree with neuhaus, the interior isn't there yet. Hopefully this project will improve as it gets documented

Looks good, but my expectations for anything by RioCan are pretty low.

Impressive transformation.
The interior needs more work though -- it looks like a dated hotel lobby with the black granite, stringy chandeliers and large field of enormous pot lights.

Unfortunately "boutique" is a current trend.

I like the black compared to what it currently is, but it seems a bit unfortunate that this new cladding is very simlar to the (1960's?) buildings just south on Yonge... so no differentiation.

AWESOME!!! don't even recognize those buildings!!! want to see an apple store at the corner :D!

it'd be cool if there was an office building boom in this area and make the yonge and eglington skyline equal to the yorkville skyline or better! this is t.o.'s midtown after all. it deserves some development

Those renderings show two slightly different podium designs... Look at the material use.

Materials used are really going to decide how this turns out. In the stage rendering looks like they are using corrugated aluminium.

The mall's biggest flaw is the layout of the floors at multiple elevations. I wonder how much of it they are actually going to address though. I wouldn't be surprised if the mall renovation is little more than a materials refresh with an addition tacked on.

News about renovation or beautification of buildings and infrastructure is always very pleasant to hear.
Hope everything gets done successfully and beautifully.

Back