39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Don and Central Waterfront Wet Weather Flow System:
New Underground Shaft at Riverdale Park East
Contract: #17ECS-MI-04DC
Start Date: October 2020
Expected End Date: April 2021
*Timeline is weather dependent and subject to change.

Starting Thursday October 1, 2020, one of the 11 connecting shafts will be built in Riverdale Park East, north of the running track. See map.
To ensure a safe work site for the workers and the public, hoarding will be installed from the Riverdale Park East Trail to the work site and will include approximately Half of the Running Circuit on the west side. A new temporary access road will be created for the contractor to enter and exit the work site from Broadview Avenue. This access road will have hoarding and will be removed upon completion.

Attachments

• 9744-17ECS-MI-04DC-w14-drcw-riverdalepark-underground-shaft-precons-aug28-20(1).pdf
    863.3 KB · Views: 299
Don and Central Waterfront Wet Weather Flow System:
New Underground Shaft at Riverdale Park East
Contract: #17ECS-MI-04DC
Start Date: October 2020
Expected End Date: April 2021
*Timeline is weather dependent and subject to change.

Starting Thursday October 1, 2020, one of the 11 connecting shafts will be built in Riverdale Park East, north of the running track. See map.
To ensure a safe work site for the workers and the public, hoarding will be installed from the Riverdale Park East Trail to the work site and will include approximately Half of the Running Circuit on the west side. A new temporary access road will be created for the contractor to enter and exit the work site from Broadview Avenue. This access road will have hoarding and will be removed upon completion.

Raised eyebrow!

That better not impede the natural space!

I was involved in naturalizing that slope......OMG.........more than 20 years ago!

I'm thinking not...........cause I'm pretty sure I was copied on the plans...........but then again..............I should look.

Oh, it definitely will impede the natural space. This is going to be a concrete covered extra large Septic Tank, next to a Running Track, in well used green space. It probably was the easiest and cheapest location, but certainly not the best though out plan by our City Planners.

Toronto public school destroyed by fire in 2019 will reopen in 2022

540 Jones Ave.

Sept 30, 2020

It’s been more than a year since the Jones Avenue Public School site was shut down after fire tore through the building.

But it will be a while longer before the Toronto District School Board is able to reinstate the pre-existing Adult Learning Centre and Elementary School Classroom Space.

The school has been closed for remediation and reconstruction since May 2019 after a four-alarm fire forced the closure. No one was injured in the fire but a number of roofing workers were rescued.

The fire forced the closure of the school and temporary relocation of about 200 students and various adult programs.

JUST THE FACTS

• Work first included repair and remediation of structural fire and water damage.

• Safe removal of interior finishes, systems and assemblies related to fire and water damage is "largely complete."

• TDSB anticipates a reopening of the school in January 2022.

• Capacity will include 10 classrooms and approximately 200 students; adult English as a Second Language Classes; Enhanced Language Training and the Essential Skills Upgrading Program.

• Students will continue attending Wandering Spirit School at 16 Phin Ave. until reopening.

I've never had Mary Brown's, but their piercing of the 416 has been on a roll lately.

Funny how that happens sometimes. I remember for many years (decades?), the only Popeye's in Toronto was on Yonge street across from the Eaton Centre, and then one day they started opening more locations and now they seem to be everywhere...

This just breaks my heart. I suppose it's only a matter of time before the chains move in, although the spaces are too small for the larger ones. (The Keg, Montana Joe's, etc.) I don't think the Danforth will ever be the village it used to be, with store owners who lived in the hood

The Old Nick was barely holding on before COVID, it was alway was dirty and the owner was always surly. Pantheon gave up half their space but is still there. A new burger place opened next to the new Tim Horton's at Arundel, but they've been empty since they opened last month. Beech Hill Smoke House just opened across the street at 429 Danforth and West Side Burger is going in at 449 Danforth in the old Lois' Meat Market. Two new additions are Spicey 505 in the old Logo Bar space and a new Indian Resturant next to BMO. The only two place rocking the block are Burgers Priest and Mary Browns which both have have line ups most evening. The Bell Store at Ferrier in now gone and Starbucks at Gough is back.

Last edited:

Back