5.1K     0 

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
DSCN1855_zps06de6f82.jpg

DSCN1856_zps57495958.jpg

DSCN1857_zpsab8404a4.jpg

DSCN1854_zps2474772d.jpg

Oh thank god for a second I thought these monstrosities were being built in Toronto's Riverside.

Ahhh, the evolving "luxury" town home or rather any new town home development (as they call them now, "city towns") - stacked town homes with tiny entrance ways, tiny rooms and 3-4 levels of poor use of space. But of course there will be buyers of such garbage.

May not look good but they serve a need. Not everyone can buy a house so they need to do.

These start at $800,000 so I am sure those purchasing said units can afford a house. I was mostly suggesting how many of these floor plans for newer town homes have much smaller spaces than older town homes and that a good amount of them lack a sense of community because they are so stacked side-by-side. Often times these town homes don't even have a backyard and hardly any front yard (front yards fronting on to a busy sidewalk or main street are horrendous in my opinion). I also can't stand the garages in the back of these supposed "town home" developments. I guess I am just nitpicking and would like to see a return to the old way of building town homes, but I understand that will never happen.

These start at $800,000 so I am sure those purchasing said units can afford a house. I was mostly suggesting how many of these floor plans for newer town homes have much smaller spaces than older town homes and that a good amount of them lack a sense of community because they are so stacked side-by-side. Often times these town homes don't even have a backyard and hardly any front yard (front yards fronting on to a busy sidewalk or main street are horrendous in my opinion). I also can't stand the garages in the back of these supposed "town home" developments. I guess I am just nitpicking and would like to see a return to the old way of building town homes, but I understand that will never happen.

These aren't traditional town homes. They are live/work units. Commercial office space is included. The idea is that a business owner (lawyer, accountant, or whatever) would live upstairs and have their office downstairs.

So, having these units fronting a busy street would be ideal.

I wonder if they are selling. I can't imagine there would much of a market for that. Wouldn't you rather just have a nice office in your home if you were so inclined? I guess if you need to meet people at your office but just wonder how many business owners this will make sense to.

I wonder if they are selling. I can't imagine there would much of a market for that. Wouldn't you rather just have a nice office in your home if you were so inclined? I guess if you need to meet people at your office but just wonder how many business owners this will make sense to.

I would guess some people would be buying these units and leasing both units out or converting the office space to a rental apartments. It is a niche market though.

Personally, If I were meeting with clients/customers I wouldn't want them to enter my home or know exactly where I live. I would prefer to keep private life and professional life separate. As well, I wouldn't want to live over commercial space either. Home insurance would be much higher among other things.

Back