Sunday Morning.

IMG_4004.jpeg

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg

And from Saturday Night:

IMG_3981.jpeg

I know that, but why didn't they do it when they tore down the section east to Leslie earlier?
If they'd have built the ramp much further west than they did, just east of the Don Roadway, it would have gotten complicated, with having to rebuild structures over the river. And had they gone even further west, the old Gardiner structure to the DVP gets in the way. It's only that they are completely rebuilding the Gardiner to DVP transition, that gives the opportunity to move the ramp another 700 metres further west compared to when they removed about 1.7 km almost 20 years ago (the structure used to continue to just east of Leslie).

Incredible pictures kotsy!

So is the weekend 3 of 4 total?

We're almost wrapped for today (Sunday) so everything else is going to come down and be removed next weekend?

We're almost wrapped for today (Sunday) so everything else is going to come down and be removed next weekend?
I wouldn't be surprised if they are planning to leave some of those support structures in place for some time, as they'll only need brief closures to remove them one-by-one.

Heck, we are still waiting for some of them to be removed at Leslie/Lake Shore! :)

Here is what they say:

WHAT TO EXPECT
• Weekends only from September-October 2021: Lake Shore Boulevard East will be closed from Cherry Street to Booth Avenue (9 p.m. Friday - 6 a.m. Monday).
• On weekends in September, Don Roadway will be closed between the Don Valley Parkway (DVP) and Commissioners Street. There will be no access to the DVP via Don Roadway during the weekend closures.
• Ramp removal involves concrete breaking/crushing. This type of work will happen only on weekends between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.

On Friday last they said:

Construction Update The Gardiner ramp removal is progressing faster than expected: • All decking has been removed • 14 sections of girders have been removed and partial removal of bents

As of 6pm today, only the steel bent at Don Roadway was still standing with the rest down and the 2 span of steel beams and the ramp at the east end. Crews were having issues with a beam that was been lifted at the ramp and would say it was one of the cross bracing causing the problem. Got a few shots of the beam from the east end and west was out of play.

Traffic lights and stops signs meant green to most drivers as the blew though them in front of an police officer and his cruiser with lights flashing in clear view of the police officer. Talking to a few of them, they have unmark scout cars to deal with these clues drivers and their job was to make sure driver don't try to drive down the close off roads and keep traffic flowing.

The big dump truck was hauling material from the site and stack piling it on the south side where rebar and other material that can be recycle is separated from the concrete. Money to be make on the recycle material. My understanding that concrete will go to X to be broken down and graded to be reuse to make concrete again of part of the material to be use as a subbase.

When I left the site, traffic was none existing on Villager going east which was odd considering Eastern Ave was plug going in both direction at Carlaw. Once on the Lake Shore, I saw traffic was a parking lot going east from Cherry St and well past Jarvis St in all lanes. Either there was an accident at Cherry St where it became one lane, driver weren't following detour signs or driver were too dumb to do the right thing.

The photos are at the rear of the 506 shots I took today and plan on shooting tomorrow that will add to the back log. Good thing, large number of shots belong to a few projects that will be tag the same way which is easy, but numbering then can take time.

Was over 2 hours behind schedule and dead beat by the time I hit the area that I skip over a few things and hope to fix that tomorrow.

Sept 19
The only bent left at 6 pm
51499771777_7c5a957eb0_b.jpg

51501280399_5cfaea90ba_b.jpg

51501280739_3c8f8432a1_b.jpg

51500567666_199dc0e9d1_b.jpg

To come down by 2023 including the DVP ramps
51501281189_b076701054_b.jpg

They finally not only remove this beam, all the beams for that span. Only one span to go as well the ramp that this weekend could be a short one for closure.
51499774802_417a583cc5_b.jpg

51499774927_78b96b91dd_b.jpg

51500794328_c64ec47f8e_b.jpg

51499775262_5613fdf2f6_b.jpg

51499775262_5613fdf2f6_b.jpg

51501494740_ed30943c7e_b.jpg

51501284019_aa2f2f98be_b.jpg

Back