News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Finally, someone is being honest about term hybrid, which has strayed so far from its' original conception into basically a status quo option. Sorry Amanda, when you describe an option clearly, descriptively and realistically, your spin doesn't work.

AoD

Last edited:
Someone said that option names should describe the outcomes, not the process. I agree.

For example, "boulevard", not "remove".

Last edited:
Nevertheless, anyone who currently supports the hybrid option is going to hold on to that criticism of the survey question to validate their viewpoint.

Nevertheless, anyone who currently supports the hybrid option is going to hold on to that criticism of the survey question to validate their viewpoint.

Of course, they got to do what they go to do. I would point out to them just where did that description deviate from the truth. Using the term "hybrid" is like Quebec referendum asking for "sovereignty association".

AoD

Of course, they got to do what they go to do. I would point out to them just where did that description deviate from the truth. Using the term "hybrid" is like Quebec referendum asking for "sovereignty association".

AoD

It's unfortunate that have to resort to that kind of obfuscation to get their way. Of course politicians of all stripes resort to those tactics, but it does add to peoples' cynicism about the whole process.

I haven't really looked very closely at the various options.

So for those coming from the east off Lakeshore using the current ramp west of Logan and Carlaw, would no longer have the current ramps. And also we would no longer have Lakeshore funnelling into an elevated structure west of Jarvis, but would instead have to use Lakeshore along a new alignment that would join the Gardiner on the existing single-lane Jarvis ramp?

So any local use of this "hybrid" option has been removed, and it's of only benefit to people coming down the DVP?

Am I missing something?

I can't see how traffic departing from the Lever lands would even access the hybrid structure ... aren't they going to be forced onto Lakeshore until west of Jarvis to use the current ramp?

It's unfortunate that have to resort to that kind of obfuscation to get their way. Of course politicians of all stripes resort to those tactics, but it does add to peoples' cynicism about the whole process.

I am not sure which to be more cynical about - politicians using these techniques, or the electorate falling for them.

AoD

I'm counting down until the next election. His mayoralty went south quickly.

Aw. Give it just a little bit more time. We're only halfway through the first year. There's still 3.5 years for him to prove/disprove his worth. And although this isn't the right thread for it, I think many might be in for a rude awakening if the planned SSE gets canceled. Some might view that reversion decision as progressive, but my prediction is that it may also open a pandora's box of a Ford getting elected. Nothing good can come from that.

I'm with the boulevard option but if a hybrid happens so be it. I'm more concerned about transit then this bit of highway. So if he changes his mind on the scarborough subway i will be a happy camper. Nobody we elect will people agree with 100%.

Tory's peeps should like the CAA survey I just took -- it uses "hybrid", and is skewed towards that option.

I haven't really looked very closely at the various options.

So for those coming from the east off Lakeshore using the current ramp west of Logan and Carlaw, would no longer have the current ramps. And also we would no longer have Lakeshore funnelling into an elevated structure west of Jarvis, but would instead have to use Lakeshore along a new alignment that would join the Gardiner on the existing single-lane Jarvis ramp?

So any local use of this "hybrid" option has been removed, and it's of only benefit to people coming down the DVP?

Am I missing something?

I can't see how traffic departing from the Lever lands would even access the hybrid structure ... aren't they going to be forced onto Lakeshore until west of Jarvis to use the current ramp?

The plan is to build two new ramps east of Cherry street connecting to a new street that runs parallel to Keating Channel and merges with Lakeshore just west of the Don.

Back