News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

On the planning commission agenda next week, a secondary name is being added to Bowness Road as it runs through Montgomery, calling it Montgomery Way
1627779403423.png

Problem: There is a single continuous street that confusingly is referred to by three completely different names; Memorial Drive, Parkdale Boulevard and Bowness Road.
Solution: Add a fourth name.

The real solution here is obvious; rename the entire street MemoriParkdalMontgomoNess Drivelevardwayroad.

Problem: There is a single continuous street that confusingly is referred to by three completely different names; Memorial Drive, Parkdale Boulevard and Bowness Road.

The real solution here is obvious; rename the entire street MemoriParkdalMontgomoNess Drivelevardwayroad.
I've spent some time in Winnipeg recently, and nothing I know compares to their Salter-Isabel-Colony-Memorial-Osborne-Dunkirk-Dakota St./Dr./Blvd.

As someone who rarely becomes directionally confused, the differing names threw me.

Locals will get it, it's the tourists... 😛

Here in Edmonton we have St.Albert Trail-Messier Trail-Groat Road- Saskatchewan Drive- University Ave- Whyte Ave- sherwood park freeway- Wye Road all as a continuous road that serves as the main throughfare in two sattlelite communities (St. Albert; Sherwood Park) and as one of the High Streets of Edmonton (and former main throughfare of the separate city of Strathcona).

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
The extension of 144th Avenue NW, across West Nose Creek, is being designed. The bridge across the creek itself is going to planning commission this week.
Report:
Bridge Renderings;
View attachment 344919
View attachment 344920
View attachment 344922
View attachment 344924
View attachment 344925
View attachment 344928
View attachment 344930
View attachment 344931
As a resident of Evanston I’m looking forward to having this connection built. But I’m sad as a pet owner and avid walker. We use this right away as a defacto off leash park every night to run our pooch. It’s her favourite place in Calgary 😢

Back