News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That may be on paper somewhere, but the ground they will run on has been barely prepped let alone properly graded and ready for any paving. 401E to 403W isn’t even close to being done early works. Early 2018 sounds very optimistic to me.
Gee, I guess you miss the asphalt for the 401E to 403 that I saw a few weeks ago. More south of 401 at that time. The 403 to 401W is graded and waiting paving, but can't see the ramp itself since you need to look at it going north from 403 to 410.

Regardless, it will be open in 2018.

They need to add lanes to 403 between the QEW and the 407/403 as its a bitch trying to go north to 403 at pm peak, you are better off going to Winston Churchill to get to the 403. A number of times, got off at Dundas and used it to Hurontario in place of 403.

Yeah I was pretty sure I actually see some paved part on the 401 E to 403 W ramp when I drive by daily. I only noticed it recently but I haven't really been paying attention but it's definitely progress. Early 2018 actually sounds late to me, but I guess there's only 30-odd days left of 2017 and there's no barriers on that ramp yet.

They need to add lanes to 403 between the QEW and the 407/403 as its a bitch trying to go north to 403 at pm peak, you are better off going to Winston Churchill to get to the 403. A number of times, got off at Dundas and used it to Hurontario in place of 403.

Heck, at this point I'd be happy if on the NB side the rightmost lane that merges north of the QEW and then re-appears literally 100m later as the exit lane for Dundas St is just continued for that 100m gap. The number of people who have to merge in just to change lanes out again right up the road slows things down big time.

The EA for that area had a widening of the 403 between the 407 and QEW, the construction of the missing ramps, and the widening of the QEW from Erin Mills Parkway to Trafalgar. I believe the 403 would become 3+HOV in each direction, with the QEW becoming 4+HOV from Trafalgar to the 403 and then 4 to Erin Mills.

NB403 - NB410 transfer has undergone some significant changes. A third lane has been added on the right side of 403NB that connects directly to a Courntey Park Dr. exit. A new tall wall barrier now separates drivers wishing to exit at Courtney Park from the rest of 410NB traffic on the left side. The new setup is similar to the Sheppard exit on the 404. Shifting over to the Courtney Park exit is not as tedious as before but one still has to deal with the 401 traffic coming onto the 410.

NB403 - NB410 transfer has undergone some significant changes. A third lane has been added on the right side of 403NB that connects directly to a Courntey Park Dr. exit. A new tall wall barrier now separates drivers wishing to exit at Courtney Park from the rest of 410NB traffic on the left side. The new setup is similar to the Sheppard exit on the 404. Shifting over to the Courtney Park exit is not as tedious as before but one still has to deal with the 401 traffic coming onto the 410.
This coincided with the re-opening of the second lane on the 401WB - 410NB ramp.

That extra lane, combined with the pushing further north of the merging with the traffic coming on to 410 NB from 403 greatly improved the ramp performance and traffic flow.

I was wondering how traffic from Highway 403 to Courtney Park would be accommodated with the reconfiguration of the Courtney Park exit from NB 410. Good to know!

Does this means that 403 NB to 410 NB has express and collector lanes. Collector can exit to Courtneypark (Courtney Park does look better), but the 401 EB and WB to 410 NB all gets dumped onto the Collector, so the 403 NB to Courtneypark still has to weave through the merging 401 traffic.
Is this correct? (google is a bit out of date).

401 WB to 410 can access Courtneypark.....403 to 410 cannot (but someone else pointed out there is a new ramp off of 403 before you get to 410 to access Courtneypark).....have no idea about 401 EB

401 WB to 410 can access Courtneypark.....403 to 410 cannot (but someone else pointed out there is a new ramp off of 403 before you get to 410 to access Courtneypark).....have no idea about 401 EB

Both 401WB and 401EB ramps end up on the new 410N mini collector segment which accesses Courtneypark. For those travelling north on 410 from 403, the new third lane on the transfer underneath the 401 interchange has a sign titled "Courtneypark Dr." which you take to enter the collector segment. It's quite a change from before.

Both 401WB and 401EB ramps end up on the new 410N mini collector segment which accesses Courtneypark. For those travelling north on 410 from 403, the new third lane on the transfer underneath the 401 interchange has a sign titled "Courtneypark Dr." which you take to enter the collector segment. It's quite a change from before.
Sure took about 10 minutes off of my drive home this past Friday

Back