News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Even at the conservative estimate of $160M per year (there is potential to earn much more if the toll is charged per km), this would allow financing of a $4B project over 25 years. This puts at least part is this plan into the territory of being possible to build from a financial perspective.

Even if we're just talking about the Scarborough portion, we'd likely be in excess of $20 billion. So $4 billion is a drop in the bucket.

PS: The 401 between the 400 and Weston Rd is 416,500 AADT, and that's the busiest section of the busiest highway in Canada.

The talk of tolls is legit getting me worked up again.

We were almost about to toll the gardiner and DVP and use the money for transit until that idiot Wynne fucked us.

Imagine the projects we could fund? Imagine the precedent it would set, that transit users shouldnt be the only ones paying per use? Imagine that money going to the DRL, or the rail deck park? Hell, imagine it going to the Scarborough subway. That could have changed the city for the better in unimaginable ways. I hate Wynne for that more than I have ever hated a politican, hell, a public figure, in my life.

The talk of tolls is legit getting me worked up again.

We were almost about to toll the gardiner and DVP and use the money for transit until that idiot Wynne fucked us.

Imagine the projects we could fund? Imagine the precedent it would set, that transit users shouldnt be the only ones paying per use? Imagine that money going to the DRL, or the rail deck park? Hell, imagine it going to the Scarborough subway. That could have changed the city for the better in unimaginable ways. I hate Wynne for that more than I have ever hated a politican, hell, a public figure, in my life.
I agree with everything you said up to hating Wynne.

Last edited:
Is there much room to widen the DVP?

Other than paving over the river or cutting into the side of the banks or hills and tearing down the trees (putting them in tree museum?), there isn't much room. Don't consider it.

There's still not enough room to add a lane in each direction. The side barrier is only a few meters from people's backyards, and at least two bridges would need to be rebuilt.

And when they get to their destination, those extra motor vehicles (which will fill up those extra lanes) will require real estate to store said vehicles.

There's still not enough room to add a lane in each direction. The side barrier is only a few meters from people's backyards, and at least two bridges would need to be rebuilt.

Well duh, that's why you'd have to "widen" it. If it was cheap and easy it would have been done 30 years ago.

And when they get to their destination, those extra motor vehicles (which will fill up those extra lanes) will require real estate to store said vehicles.

Plenty of parking lots between 401 and Eglinton.

Well duh, that's why you'd have to "widen" it. If it was cheap and easy it would have been done 30 years ago.

Plenty of parking lots between 401 and Eglinton.

And ripe for redevelopment for new condos, office buildings, and other heavy-density along the Crosstown and the future Relief Line. All those parking lots are targets to be disappeared.

Back