News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Now if we can turn one of these into a tourist attraction and get it on a postcard, that would be great.

Sewells_Bridge.png

Sewells Road Bridge

john-street-bridge.jpg

John Street Bridge

ahh, I forgot about the Sewells Road bridge. Probably my favourite in the city - I believe it's the only suspension bridge in the GTA, and it's also a very cute little one with it's single vehicle lane.

#TOViaduct

Because that cockamamie idea has not sprouted up in these forums in a while.

In seriousness though. I would not be against a bridge for the Gardiner across the Humber Bay. Basically from Park Lawn to Marilyn Bell Park.

#TOViaduct

Because that cockamamie idea has not sprouted up in these forums in a while.

In seriousness though. I would not be against a bridge for the Gardiner across the Humber Bay. Basically from Park Lawn to Marilyn Bell Park.

We can call it the Douglas Ford Memorial Folksway Bridge.

So can someone tell whose smart idea was to make the 410 into 5-6 lanes and then turn it into 2-3 lanes north of clark when most people living in brampton live north of clark

I don't know. I recall MTO originally planning for the widening to go to Bovaird, but for whatever reason it got cut back to Queen.

North Brampton is growing so quickly that even the stretch of the 410 that opened less than 10 years ago is starting to get seriously busy.

I don't know. I recall MTO originally planning for the widening to go to Bovaird, but for whatever reason it got cut back to Queen.

North Brampton is growing so quickly that even the stretch of the 410 that opened less than 10 years ago is starting to get seriously busy.
Say hi to the 413.

So can someone tell whose smart idea was to make the 410 into 5-6 lanes and then turn it into 2-3 lanes north of clark when most people living in brampton live north of clark

The narrowing actually takes place at queen but it does not diminish the point at all.

What they did was

• Take a 3 lane stretch of road and widen it to 5
  • Return it to 3 in one spot (ie not narrow it to 4 and then 3 further up/down the road)
  • One of the two new lanes is lightly used because of its hov status
  • At queen two lanes disappear
  • NB the hov lane does not dissapear it turns into the third live lane
  • The two that disappear are the two right most lanes
The effect is that for people commuting home to Brampton in the evening (most of whom) live north of queen, the number of live “thru” lanes has actually been reduced to 2 from 3. I now get off at Derry and take Kennedy north and am saving 5-10 minutes per evening. We spent a lot of money here to make Kennedy the better route than 410?

Listen (as I do) to 680 ......every morning traffic report will tell you that the 410 is jammed from sandalwood/Mayfield to Queen and every evening report will tell you it is jammed from Steele’s/407 to Queen/Williams

That's what exists on the 404 northbound at Highway 7.. general purpose through lanes drop to only two as the HOVs end. Hopefully as they extend them up to Stouffville Road they fix the issue..

That's what exists on the 404 northbound at Highway 7.. general purpose through lanes drop to only two as the HOVs end. Hopefully as they extend them up to Stouffville Road they fix the issue..
Does that transition on the 404 occur at the exact same spot as 2 general purpose lanes drop off on the right.?

They are doing the Major Mack - Stouffville section first, then the Highway 407 - Major Mack section will be done.

Also, your description is a bit inaccurate. It’s 3 general +1 HOV to 3 general, where the HOV becomes a general and the general ends. IMO, the right most general purpose lane should end with the Highway 7 exit, and not continue for a small section.

Does that transition on the 404 occur at the exact same spot as 2 general purpose lanes drop off on the right.?

Definitely not :p.

Back