News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be insinuating anything with this - drug use, beatings, suicide attempts?

What have you heard and from whom?

I'd keep it quiet for now. I think it's pretty likely that Ford's staffers and assistants are actively monitoring places like this. Best if a story like this is broken by the Globe or the National Post if these allegations are true.

Anyways, Metroman- is there any proof that the police are actively covering for Ford? There was a comment before that they loved him over there and would definitely hide evidence if they could.

Last edited:
Oh please - that's the classic "I don't have any proof so I'll redirect the conversation" strategy.

Anyway - Globe's got a couple of interesting pieces today:

From Downtown to Rob Ford's House

Rob Ford’s former campaign manager indicates he won’t return unless mayor enters rehab

Your link for the "from downtown to Rob Fords house" article was wrong. This is the correct link.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/from-downtown-to-rob-fords-house/article12428034/

As for the other Globe article the headline is misleading. Nowhere in the article does it say that Nick Kouvalis won't return unless the mayor enters rehab. It says he has concerns about his health and his ability to handle the pressure of another election, which given he is a 300 pound man is hardly a surprising stance. Especially given there will be a lot of negative media attention on him leading up to the election.

Oh please - that's the classic "I don't have any proof so I'll redirect the conversation" strategy.

Anyway - Globe's got a couple of interesting pieces today:

From Downtown to Rob Ford's House

Rob Ford’s former campaign manager indicates he won’t return unless mayor enters rehab

lots of people who know things about this story are posting here, in a more or less cryptic manner.

i'm not sure why you are demanding things like "What have you heard and from whom?" and "Source? Details?"

just because people aren't responding to your curt demands for full disclosure doesn't mean they dont know what they're talking about.

Sad fact is, many people have lost the ability to see nuance and context in a news story. Everyone has become so bloody literal-minded. If the media doesn't tell you exactly what to think and how to process it, we're lost. Especially in a story like this, where there is a lot of speculation, it seems that many people have a hard time forming their own opinions based on the evidence at hand. It's not up to a newspaper to do your thinking for you.

Rob Ford's 2014 campaign slogan:

hi-rob-ford-toronto-background.jpg

Anything Else?

Attachments

• hi-rob-ford-toronto-background.jpg
    hi-rob-ford-toronto-background.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 528
just because people aren't responding to your curt demands for full disclosure doesn't mean they dont know what they're talking about.

It's hardly believable if there's no explanation though, isn't it? I could easily say anything at all I want and allude to anything under the sun, but it's pretty meaningless without as much as a "I have a friend who said he saw _____" or "I have a friend who works at the hospital nearby and she ______" - People picked apart that recently-vanished unfuckwithable guy for it all the time. If you're going to make an assertion and it's to be taken seriously (like that his wife is a drug addict or that Rob Ford beats her constantly - I'm still not sure what was being said) then some modicum of explanation or proof is necessary.

Or are we all just going to start saying things and have them taken at face value?

Guys, Rob Ford likes to kill puppies. Shhhhhh, don't talk about it, they might be watching.

I believe people are looking in the wrong direction talking about Rob Ford's possible crack addiction. It is more likely that he is using crack as an enhancement of his alcohol intoxication. He probably does not have a strong desire to smoke crack while sober. After becoming drunk, his decision making would be impaired and the high of crack would be more enjoyable with less anxiety. I believe the quotes about him being incoherent and slurring his words fit that type of crack smoking. I would guess when he wakes up the absolute last thing on his mind is smoking more crack. He is probably experiencing intense hangover/negative cocaine residual effects and would be in great stress and extremely shameful of the night before. This worry stays on the mind and drinking alcohol is often a way to escape this mental pain. Once intoxicated again on alcohol, any negative previous experience with crack disappears from memory and smoking crack is once again something to make the drunk buzz fell more intense. I believe alcohol is the key to his substance abuse issues, and not crack. He desperately needs help from a professional.

As for the other Globe article the headline is misleading. Nowhere in the article does it say that Nick Kouvalis won't return unless the mayor enters rehab. It says he has concerns about his health and his ability to handle the pressure of another election, which given he is a 300 pound man is hardly a surprising stance. Especially given there will be a lot of negative media attention on him leading up to the election.

The article is fairly vague in its quote from Kouvalis. It says he has concerns, but not a direct quote. Regardless, if Kouvalis rejoins the Fords (the man is an opportunist, it could happen especially if a left-winger like Olivia Chow comes up as the main frontrunner), the election will be much easier for the Fords. Expect more slogans and quarter-truths on top of that.

Last edited:
So Kouvalis is aware of Rob Ford's addiction problems. Yet he has no problem with Ford outright lying to "the taxpayers"? This man has absolutely Zero morals. None!

Strange that some people think that Ford's weight issues are suddenly a re-election issue. Wasn't he overweight and out of shape in 2010?

Strange that some people think that Ford's weight issues are suddenly a re-election issue. Wasn't he overweight and out of shape in 2010?
But health problems might prevent him from actually accomplishing any work! He might have to take very short work days, and not actually be able to sit in council.

Oh, wait...

So Kouvalis is aware of Rob Ford's addiction problems. Yet he has no problem with Ford outright lying to "the taxpayers"? This man has absolutely Zero morals. None!

You have to remember that his guiding motto is to prevent progressives from entering government and to remove any progressive from power. Hence his work with the BC Liberals, PCs and of course Ford. It doesn't quite explain why he worked with the firefighter's unions, but I suppose he's fine as long as these unions are not too much to the left.

On that, is there any truth to the purported police coverup and support of Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back