News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying that Ford gave the police a raise. I was under the impression that the police got their raise through arbitration which had nothing to do with Ford.

On the other hand, Ford supported a hiring freeze on the police and denied many of their requests for budget increases. (I think...it's been a while since this stuff was in the news)

Technically the Police Services Board (which has three members appointed by Ford) approved the double digit police raise which Ford supported. It was not decided by arbitration although that was the excuse given at the time. The board claimed they had to give in to the exorbitant demands because if they didn't an arbitrator would have ruled on an even higher increase.

spider:

Sadly there is no pillar of integrity available to us as a standard against which to judge all of our governments, agencies or public office holders without weeping in despair. Without exception they all have exhibited feet of clay, some slimier than others.

Well, some are willing to forgo judgement through the rule of law, the understanding of policy, regulations and ethics, which is a starting point of "integrity" and went for the soundbite instead. Is it any wonder they all have "feet of clay"?

The City government is a disaster not likely to be saved by re-electing any of the incumbents who have learned while in office the art of serving themselves first.

That's a pretty wild claim - many councillors do work way beyond their hours, even if their personal ideology doesn't suit you. How is that "serving themself"?

We have boards and agencies filled with people who have no expertise what so ever but are very good friends of whomever. They have no incentive to do whatever they are mandated to accomplish, why would they, the money is good and when a better prize appears they jump ship with a lovely severance.

Why restrict it to boards and agencies? You have an executive that is utterly incapable of governing and think that answering supposed phone calls is the pinnacle of accomplishment for the highest office. I'd be curious to know what percentage of said executive's staff is selected on the basis of "expertise" (and let's not even get to his pick of the ABCs and the minor scandal over THAT selection process).

Most of the contributors to this thread are not the answer to the malaise, they are just pissed off because their guy or gal isn't screwing everything up instead of the current crowd.

That coming from someone who has contributed to the current malaise. No small irony, that. Those in glass house should not...

AoD

Technically the Police Services Board (which has three members appointed by Ford) approved the double digit police raise which Ford supported. It was not decided by arbitration although that was the excuse given at the time. The board claimed they had to give in to the exorbitant demands because if they didn't an arbitrator would have ruled on an even higher increase.

Thank you for the clarification!

My god, what are you guys talking about? If the police were so corrupt, they wouldn't have handed the tape over to the Crown in the first place. And the notion that the Crown would not use the tape in its case, even if it were helpful, for the purpose of getting the police force a pay hike is absurd.

You don't know what tape they handed over.

My god, what are you guys talking about? If the police were so corrupt, they wouldn't have handed the tape over to the Crown in the first place.
Flintstone, really you're expecting a tape?

I can see it now. Tape is delivered, but no one has a machine to play it.

beta copy.jpg

Attachments

• beta copy.jpg
    beta copy.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 451
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/2...Robinson | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

The only reason that Doug Ford is 'sticking it' to Jaye Robinson is because she expressed dissatisfaction with his handling of the controversies surrounding Robo Flop. She asked him to be honest and to step down and deal with his personal issues. She was diplomatic and concerned. But the Fords don't deal well with ANY type of criticism. Watching the behaviour of the Fords is like witnessing a pair of over-the-hill and overweight 'tag team' wrestlers in speedos (made of material left over from Don Cherry's suits!) Look away!! The mind boggles.

Last edited:
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/2...Robinson | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

The only reason that Doug Ford is 'sticking it' to Jaye Robinson is because she expressed dissatisfaction with his handling of the controversies surrounding him. She asked him to be honest and to step down and deal with his personal issues. She was diplomatic and concerned. But the Fords don't deal well with ANY type of criticism. Watching the behaviour of the Fords is like witnessing a pair of over-the-hill and overweight 'tag team' wrestlers in speedos (made of material left over from Don Cherry's suits!) Look away!! The mind boggles.

Honestly - what a dick. He told a blatant lie, and won't apologize for it - like the first/top commenter said (which is amazing for The Toronto Sun comment section) , regardless of political affiliation or acrimony between the parties, if someone says something that can be proven to be demonstrably false after the fact, that person should issue a mea culpa and let everyone move on. Here is The Toronto Star's report.

Exactly. The Fords are goons & bullies.

(p.s.) I edited my original post and put in 'Robo Flop', since it read like I was referring to Doug Ford's handling of controversies)

Last edited:
Hmm... Now why would Ford eat his two most delusional supporters?

Like all businesses, from time to time they by back stock to strengthen the company. In this case though, the main Ford organisms directly reabsorb their followers for strength, reinforce them with updated propaganda, and release them back in to the wild to indoctrinate others.

Or something like that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back