News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What winter wonderland did Rob get this idea from? Florida, California, or somewhere else south of us?

At least with Toronto's warm winters, there will be no snow windrows at the side of roads. We will never have a problem plowing snow to the side of the road covering the painted curbs. Great use of taxpayer dollars. Maybe next they'll paint the address numbers on the curbs so the pizza delivery can find your place so you don't have to go out in the winter's night snow.

I actually like the idea. The best thing to come out the mayor's office in the past three years. Several cities around the world do it already.

There is only one section of thestar.com that Rob Ford does not mind lurking in: http://wheels.ca

Yes, the only thing in the Toronto Star that interests Rob Ford is the Wheels section (it does not contain too much political mockery there).

The only reason as to why the Toronto Star kept promoting wheels.ca is to be less liberal (to gain a wider demographic).

Last edited:
I'd rather see more money spent on sealing the cracks between the curb and the roadway, so the streets of the city aren't lined with weeds growing by the sidewalks as they currently are.

I know this will probably offend someone, and I do like the idea of curb colours, however, haven't we seen how drivers respect painted lines, like for bike lines. And how can people not read signs, they are standard, and you can't get your licence with out at least a basic understanding of them?

Anyway, Robbie just calls it the cost of some cans of paint, but what about the coast of labour to paint them? When it's Robbie's passion of cars, there is no gravy, however, for things like maintaining social programs for those who need it... well, I leave it there before I really start ranting incoherently.

How is it, the same guy who wanted to close down the High Park Kiddy Zoo (because we can't afford it) now wants to build a multi-million dollar stadium for football? We can't even build a decent transit network and Ford wants to waste money on something we already have, a stadium for the Argos. It boggles the mind. And over 50% of people in the Sun Poll, agree with Ford. I thought Ford Nation was about saving money by not building anything? Now all of a sudden, because Ford wants a new stadium, they want to spend millions of dollars on sports, when we desperately need new transit? It's like "Ford Nation" is some brainwashed cult that can't think for themselves. WTF is wrong with people?

How is it, the same guy who wanted to close down the High Park Kiddy Zoo (because we can't afford it) now wants to build a multi-million dollar stadium for football? We can't even build a decent transit network and Ford wants to waste money on something we already have, a stadium for the Argos. It boggles the mind. And over 50% of people in the Sun Poll, agree with Ford. I thought Ford Nation was about saving money by not building anything? Now all of a sudden, because Ford wants a new stadium, they want to spend millions of dollars on sports, when we desperately need new transit? It's like "Ford Nation" is some brainwashed cult that can't think for themselves. WTF is wrong with people?

Probably the same reason he wanted a Ferris Wheel because he and douggie saw one once that was cool as well as a splash-pool in front of City Hall since the one in Edmonton was awesome.

He's an idiot.

He's an idiot.

Pretty much sums it up.

And why a football stadium? Well, because football is going to save the children and get them off the streets. Whereas things like kiddie parks don't do anything except allow children to have fun, get some exercise, socialize, etc. Who needs that?

Because the first thing we need to do in Toronto is attract a NFL team paying millions to their players (and gawd knows how much to their owners) with a taxpayer funded stadium. Priorities, you know.

AoD

Because the first thing we need to do in Toronto is attract a NFL team paying millions to their players (and gawd knows how much to their owners) with a taxpayer funded stadium. Priorities, you know.

AoD

He was talking about a CFL stadium yesterday - not the NFL

Yeah, selling hot dogs certainly makes for a great careers.

ChesterCopperpot:

He can say whatever he wants - we all know what's in the gleam of his eyes. Besides, the question remains - why do we need to build a public stadium for a private, for-profit football team? One'd imagine the SkyDome has taught us a dear lesson.

AoD

Well, in that case it's a fantastic plan.

Did I say anywhere it was a fantastic plan?

Anyways, the owner of the Argos has had his construction compnay looking into building a 27,000 to 29,000 seat stadium to be located in north Toronto area, Vaughan, Markham or Mississauga, to be completed within 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back