News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He drove there. He admitted he did, eventually. But then he started to make up the story that he had a few drinks on the Danforth, which is an area he didn't get to until well after his drunken escapades started to get captured on video. The "I'm not driving!" video was taken right by his car.

Exactly. The Twitter poster who uploaded images of Ford next to his car followed Rob from his Cadillac, then to the Danforth. There was no drinking in between. He drove there, was drunk outside his car, and his aides weren't with him. It's not a far-flung speculation to assume he drove there drunk...especially since he's been caught DUI before.

The "I had a few beers" "average guy" "let my hair down" bit is the red herring to what my issue is: that he was sh*tfaced and drove there drunk. And I also believe he has immunity with TPS, so he could easily get away with being caught. Not so much by the public and their omnipresent cameras.

Ford's judgement is always in question, but, he and his brother are also very sly.

In my opinion, Ford purposely chose this time since he knew no one would be visiting. He didn't want witnesses.

As per usual, he played his 'Mayor card' to get preferential treatment. He was cagey enough not to reveal the actual purpose of his unscheduled visit. His 'Plan A ' was to request 'a tour' of the facility, once that was denied he moved to 'Plan B' (his real reason) and asked to speak with a specific prisoner. Which, was again denied. I can just see Ford handing out magnets to the guards, telling them to call him if they have any probs at any time. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Thankfully the guards adhered to the rules and brought this odd visit from the Mayor to the attention of supervisors at the jail.

Good on the Globe for bringing this bizarre visit to light.

+1

First of all, the mayor of Toronto has no control over provincial detention centres. Secondly, a tour of this sort would have to be arranged days, if not weeks, in advance (official tours do happen from time to time). And thirdly, 7PM is a really strange time to show up.

I do find it interesting how the Globe and Mail is pursuing this angle (the Fords' drug connections). There's got to be more to this coming.

these reporters have been at it for two years. there is a lot more to come. its never been about the video for them--they are putting together the entire sordid and bizarre tale of the Ford Family in Etobicoke.

these reporters have been at it for two years. there is a lot more to come. its never been about the video for them--they are putting together the entire sordid and bizarre tale of the Ford Family in Etobicoke.

Not just the Ford family, but these weird associates and long-time friends---the amazingly named Fabio Basso and Bruno Bellissimo. What was going on at that high school that these are the people that came out of it? It's like it was a weirdo machine, cranking out puffed-up bullies and sad-sack Italian drug-dealers.

In isolation - the article was odd. But in conjunction with EVERYTHING else - it really nudge, nudge, wink, winks that there's a much larger story here. I guess the question is which media outlet will have the balls and evidence to publish the nail in the coffin? I personally don't think Ford is down and out until he's arrested and removed a la Nixon.

Not just the Ford family, but these weird associates and long-time friends---the amazingly named Fabio Basso and Bruno Bellissimo. What was going on at that high school that these are the people that came out of it? It's like it was a weirdo machine, cranking out puffed-up bullies and sad-sack Italian drug-dealers.

HBO would kill to have this story.

pw20:

I personally don't think Ford is down and out until he's arrested and removed a la Nixon.

Even then, if there is a type to pull a Berlusconi, he would be it. Can totally see those partays involving lots of junk food and you know what.

AoD

In isolation - the article was odd. But in conjunction with EVERYTHING else - it really nudge, nudge, wink, winks that there's a much larger story here. I guess the question is which media outlet will have the balls and evidence to publish the nail in the coffin? I personally don't think Ford is down and out until he's arrested and removed a la Nixon.

The problem is the crack scandal has shown us what the burden of proof is to Ford Nation involving any challenge to their "guy". Either there's a video or it didn't happen. Many of them still claim the photo was photoshopped.

If only that's all it would take ...
CP24 ✔ @CP24
Holyday tells reporters at City Hall, Mayor Ford's problems would be solved if he got himself a driver. Says never seen mayor intoxicated.

I posted this on the CBC website in response to this story:

Here's an idea. How about someone grabbing a camera, finding the kid who posted the initial video, and have him lead you over the path from Ford's vehicle to where he was swarmed to when his staff and the police arrived. And see if there is anywhere he could stop to have a couple drinks like he claims to have done. Because as far as I can see he arrived in that condition, driving himself there while intoxicated. The Fords are such shallow, obvious liars, but they never get truly called on it because (with the exception of a couple reporters at the Star) we get articles like this, nothing but he said/she said, some pickings from the Twitter feed and a couple professors talking out of their hat. It's Emperor's New Clothes in this city, and the journalists are bystanders too distracted by their cellphones to notice.

First time I've attempted to post to the CBC site. Looks like this comment was rejected by the moderators there. Maybe I was a little rash but I'm growing tired of them never being confronted on the nature of their lies, of nothing ever sticking. Funny thing is the comment section seems dominated by Ford Nation types who freely take shots at the CBC and the article.

If only that's all it would take ...

I can't get over the pains to which Doug Holyday goes to deflect criticism of Robo-Flop. If ever there was an enabler of Fordo, it's Holyday. I guess it shows just how a wily veteran politician can spin facts.

pw20:

Even then, if there is a type to pull a Berlusconi, he would be it. Can totally see those partays involving lots of junk food and you know what.

AoD

I don't think he has the IQ to pull a Berlusconi. The one fascinating thing that I still ask myself is: why? What drives the Ford family? It's not small c conservatism. They aren't seeking wealth. Power? If so to do what? I don't get the sense that DoFo or RoFo has some "hidden agenda" beyond an NFL franchise, a ferris wheel and subway lines, which is basically not so hidden.

The only ambition that seems to blind them is the fact that they are spoiled brats. It's like a five year old seeing another five year old playing with a toy and saying: I want that too and just taking it.

I think that yes, they are spoiled brats, but that they also see themselves like old time policitians -- this is MY city -- and they get to run everything the way they want while looking like great guys and everyone's friend. Problem is, that style of government doesn't do so well in the age of cell phones, Twitter and papparazzi. Oh yeah, and accountability.

Jaye Robinson calls for Ford to step aside. Minnan-Wong says he "needs to act like a mayor" which could mean anything. http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/76...-help-after-taste-of-the-danforth-appearance/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back